Master Cylinder Upgrades

Cabernet

Been toying with up grading the master cylinders of the front brake and clutch from Axial to Radial units. The clutch side only to match really, but the front brake master cylinder to improve the finesse. Does any one know if the ratios of the Aprilia RSV twin or a Ducati 1098 are the same? I am thinking breakers units rather than new.

OEM radial masters are not as big an upgrade as the ones you can buy on the aftermarket. They do offer the looks, but an aftermarket version like the Brembo RCS is much nicer than the OEM radial masters. Even the Brembo made OEM radial masters are not as nice as the ones you can buy aftermarket.

In the US you can buy a Brembo RCS for arond $350. I can't see buying a master cylinder used or buying one based on price.

There is a big delta in my world between $350 or £200 for the brake and £120 the pair for used OEM. I work on the experience that 4 cheap improvements in different areas are more value than one large improvement. It's all well and good getting a top line master cylinder, but if we don't have the tyres, front suspension, discs, calipers and set-up, we are only likely to see a modest gain on the return and similar to that of the upgrade to OEM radials. Be please to hear if I'm hugely wrong.

But if your used upgrade is not actually an upgrade, or worse yet if it is a failure waiting to happen, your money is at best wasted and at worst you are worse off than you were.

The Brembo master fitted to a V11 is not junk. If you only want a radial set up for the look, that is fine. But if money is that tight why spend the money on the look of an upgrade?

I am simply trying to make the point that an OEM radial master is not really much better than the stock master on a V11. It is your money, do what you want. But to me brakes are not somewhere to skimp or buy based on being the cheapest option.