What did you do to your V11 today?

Scud

brother , I am rootin' for Geno too ! Now to survey the damage and fix/order parts.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, gstallons said:

brother , I am rootin' for Geno too ! Now to survey the damage and fix/order parts.

Three months to SSR XX. (Uranus visible on the horizon :o :grin:  :whistle: )

Start a new thread in Classifieds/Wanted with your wishlist . . .

• Like 2

On 12/6/2023 at 8:47 AM, Tinus89 said:

About two months ago I gave her a service, including solving the wheep from the gearbox exit shaft seal.
Discovered the seal was not installed all the way, so instead of replacing it, I tapped it a bit deeper.

Then the wheep turned into a leak.:stupid:

So I went in again and disassembled the rear AGAIN, this time to replace the seal. 
Oh well....

From memory you just fit this seal flush with the outer case. It will tap deeper which can be good to compensate for a wear mark on the output sleeve. Also important for these and the bevel box seals is to use a unidirectional seal. Most aftermarket retailers will sell you a bi directional or universal seal. The original spec Unidirectional is superior.

Phil

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

That is why it is best to purchase the factory part and part # . Sometimes it matters . 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Well , Greenie is ready for the champagne bottle redux (again) !  

List of accomplishments ; 

Practicing squats ! 

Straighten l.h.bar. 

Repair starter switch

Replace starting motor / spray goo on flywheel teeth

Replace spark plug end cap. It gave it's life to save the rest of the bike. 

Practicing squats. I don't want to do this type of parking lot crash again. And yes , as much as it hurt , I stood up to see how many witnessed my move !

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, gstallons said:

Well , Greenie is ready for the champagne bottle redux (again) !  

List of accomplishments ; 

Practicing squats ! 

Straighten l.h.bar. 

Repair starter switch

Replace starting motor / spray goo on flywheel teeth

Replace spark plug end cap. It gave it's life to save the rest of the bike. 

Practicing squats. I don't want to do this type of parking lot crash again. And yes , as much as it hurt , I stood up to see how many witnessed my move !

champagne bottle redux?  I must not be aware of this tasty sounding reference you're making.   I do admit that i'm a sucker for some of the proper bourgeoisie sparkling wine you refer to, high browed as it may sound for a motorhead, and of course love the V11's, and have a champagne colored one to boot....

hopefully you and the bike will recover well!

For me on the V11 front (what have YOU done today on your V11...), i'm realizing that the moto-gear budget is getting blown this year on some farkles for the V85tt, postponing the suspension upgrade I was eye-balling for Red/V11.  The genteel step-child (V85) of the V11 is hogging some of the available resource, at least for now.   So will monitor gstallons and his bikes recovery, and dream of the next cash infusion when suspension pieces can be purchased :->

Unless you have a black frame and a red frame , you will have no idea how different two bikes can be. 

GMC28 , AFA $$$ That is why plastic was invented . A shock absorber of a sorts. 

2 hours ago, gstallons said:

Unless you have a black frame and a red frame , you will have no idea how different two bikes can be. 

GMC28 , AFA $$$ That is why plastic was invented . A shock absorber of a sorts. 

Roger that.

The different frames are what keeps things interesting in the garage!  Red frames, old black frames, new black frames…. They’re all getting along.

like to see who rides a red frame the furthest to the John Day gathering.  But I’ll not wander off forum topic any further there.

• Haha 1

REAR WHEEL SPACER - I have been doing some needed maintenance3 over the winter. Removed the shaft and rear drive and sanded and painted them. Tried to lube the U-joints as best as I could. The bike has been apart for months. I finally put the rear wheel back on and it is binding. Once I tighten down the bolt the wheel does not turn freely. I found what appears to be a spacer, but it won't fit. Mind you, I have had this wheel off and on many times before. I never had this happen before. The bevel drive turns freely.  Some advice would be appreciated.AP1GczPTDLCvlw1OMp83NgBd3mXl2eKeBDRv6S7vAP1GczNe4OuHHM_HgottjZWXAaYxhuspuw-nkbwT

AP1GczP2g9hjFahzo8l4311WbEFodG0YZDcPhyIk

No images available but the only spacer is the one that goes on the axle between the bevel box and the wheel drive spline so axle ID, 2mm wall thickness and about 20mm long. The other "spacer" is a washer between the bevel box and the swingarm. 

Phil

Edited by Lucky Phil

Finally managed to get around to removing the front mudguard to be clear coated. The original coat on the CF must be extremely thin. Side covers have already been completed. I did find that one side of the brake pads must be getting hotter due to pads dragging maybe? The pistons were all cleaned about 5000kms ago so not sure of the cause yet.

Saturday is fuel tank replacement. Have a NOS tank sitting in the shed and its about time it was swapped out. While I have the bike in bits I may as well check the head bearings.

pads.jpg

• Like 2

6 hours ago, MattiGuzzi said:

REAR WHEEL SPACER - I have been doing some needed maintenance3 over the winter. Removed the shaft and rear drive and sanded and painted them. Tried to lube the U-joints as best as I could. The bike has been apart for months. I finally put the rear wheel back on and it is binding. Once I tighten down the bolt the wheel does not turn freely. I found what appears to be a spacer, but it won't fit. Mind you, I have had this wheel off and on many times before. I never had this happen before. The bevel drive turns freely.  Some advice would be appreciated.AP1GczPTDLCvlw1OMp83NgBd3mXl2eKeBDRv6S7vAP1GczNe4OuHHM_HgottjZWXAaYxhuspuw-nkbwT

AP1GczP2g9hjFahzo8l4311WbEFodG0YZDcPhyIk

V11 Rear Wheel Spacers v1.pdf

Does this help?

AFA the rear brake pads , look at the friction material for greater wear on one pad v the other. I would not worry about the piston wear shown on the one pad .