What did you do to your V11 today?

Scud

A few items done today…and then a wonderful 100 mile ride.

New oil sensor, new plugs (left one nice tan brown, right one a little dark but not sooty), new vent tubes off the tank just for fun, was going to replace the rubber tank stops but the ones there are in great shape.

Been thinking about the slight 3k cough or hiccup …wonder if it could be mapped away with a better mixture on the map at that RPM…still running the older version of the Meinolf map…may try the new one. Besides that the bike runs great at all other RPM’s.  A quick check with the Carbtune…TB nicely balanced at idle and 4k…time for a ride.

Out riding…a song comes on…Riders on the Storm…found a Scura at the end of the rainbow!  Time to buy a lottery ticket tonight!!

IMG_5776.jpeg

IMG_5754.jpeg

IMG_5765.jpeg

• Like 8

On 9/2/2024 at 8:18 AM, audiomick said:

Glad you enjoyed the ride, despite everything. :)

I have to say though, your working hours would have me looking for a civilised job post haste. :huh:

Ha ha

Mate my hours are actually 6.30am to 2.30pm but due to living in Drouin I'm usually up at 5am and out the door at 5.15ish to avoid the worst of the traffic.It's only when I take the bike that I get up a bit earlier 4.30-4.45 ish as it takes longer to get togged up/ warm up the bike etc and then I have to stop for gas and get helmet and gloves back on blah blah ....

I also intersperse this with working from home which means a commute of metres not kilometres so it all works pretty well and I'm well used to the early starts now!

The ride home usually makes up for it too...ha ha .

Cheers 

• Like 1

On 9/3/2024 at 11:49 AM, guzzler said:

6.30am to 2.30pm

Hmm. I suppose finishing that early could have it's advantages.

The last couple of weeks I've been starting at 9 a.m. , because the (Opera) season hasn't started properly yet. Not good for me at all. Generally, during the season, I start at 2.30 p.m. and finish between 10 and 11.30 p.m. Much better for my system. B)

• Like 1

Ha ha 

To each our own mate as it's what we're used to eh. In my case well used to it but retirement isn't far away though.

I couldn't cope with starting at 2.30pm though...

Cheers 

Actually did something I've been meaning to do for bloody ages......

Degreased the motor and gave her a good clean and wax/polish! Now she gleams like a Greenie should!

She was filthy after riding in the storm the other week and a heavy drizzle yesterday.

Cheers 

• Like 2

Purchased another V11 ! Pick it up at the weekend. This one compliments the Rosso Corsa, ie. another “limited edition” model 

Here’s a clue …

e2f314c8-f09f-4350-8e02-229f12566f1e.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Sadly, 'could not make the Southern Spine Raid this year, but went for a long ride in solidarity Sunday, ending at my friend's cigar shop, who captured my arrival with a decent photo.c42c4515721bc51e7ff4f73f55bd7308.jpg

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

• Like 6

I have a 996 sps and the V11 Coppa Itália. I Know exactly what you mean. I like my V11 more than the 996 (just) but that ducati is a whole other league. Effortlessly fast. 

I haven’t ridden a new panigale or any other latest crop of superbike, they must be ridiculous. 

On 9/10/2024 at 12:35 AM, Guzzimax said:

Purchased another V11 ! Pick it up at the weekend. This one compliments the Rosso Corsa, ie. another “limited edition” model 

Here’s a clue …

e2f314c8-f09f-4350-8e02-229f12566f1e.jpeg

Another Coppa in the UK?

Hint : every Guzzi is a limited edition . 

If they sell all of those , they make another batch of Limited Edition              

• Haha 1

On 9/9/2024 at 8:18 PM, 4corsa said:

Sadly, 'could not make the Southern Spine Raid this year, but went for a long ride in solidarity Sunday, ending at my friend's cigar shop, who captured my arrival with a decent photo.c42c4515721bc51e7ff4f73f55bd7308.jpg

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

I have been to the Hillbilly Version and I am going to commit to this and SSR from now on. I had too much fun and good times to refrain . You will have a great time. 

• Like 2