What did you do to your V11 today?

Scud

8 hours ago, Gmc28 said:

interesting… I don’t recall the new Stelvio being that tall, at least compared to the V85. I popped off my V85 at the John Day gathering and took the new Stelvio for a spin, and was giggling happy with it, despite an assumption I wouldn’t like it.  i think the tank is higher, but don’t recall the seat height being any taller, fwiw.  

it certainly is a whole different machine than our beloved v11’s.  the “involvement” of the slipper clutch when approaching twisties on decel was impressive for me on that brief ride, but not necessarily desirable….i’m just not used to it, and it would add to the existing need to remember you’re on a V11 if hopping between bikes, to avoid bad results on the V11 entering a corner.  but she was lovely.  

New Stelvio seat height 83 cm. V85 is also 83 cm; just the same. Strange, when I took a Stelvio out for a test ride a few weeks ago it felt taller. V11 seat height is 80 cm. Just 1 1/4” lower. If feels much lower than a inch & a quarter 

9 minutes ago, Guzzimax said:

New Stelvio seat height 83 cm. V85 is also 83 cm; just the same. Strange, when I took a Stelvio out for a test ride a few weeks ago it felt taller. V11 seat height is 80 cm. Just 1 1/4” lower. If feels much lower than a inch & a quarter 

Measured seat hight is only one aspect of a comparative. People forget the seat width. There's a mile of difference between two identical seat heights but one is narrower than the other when it comes to getting your feet on the ground comfortably or not. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Lucky Phil said:

Measured seat hight is only one aspect of a comparative. People forget the seat width. There's a mile of difference between two identical seat heights but one is narrower than the other when it comes to getting your feet on the ground comfortably or not. 

This is 100% true!

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Guzzimax said:

That is indeed strange… I would have guessed the v11 a lot lower.  But that’s another element of the seat width

On 10/12/2024 at 11:11 AM, activpop said:

What's the story with the 06 Coppa? I didn't know they got badged that year.

On 10/13/2024 at 2:10 PM, guzzigary said:

I’ll say it’s a 4

:2c:

4 hours ago, Guzzimax said:

VIN says 4, which means 2004 build. Bike first registered March 2006

@guzzigary nailed it. B) :bier:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Guzzimax said:

the same problems with my various V11 Sports purchased before I acquired the Coppa & RC; I can’t really bear to sell them, and IMO the red frame models are different enough

preaching to the choir! I loved the stance of my Scura with clip-ons but the handlebars of a ballabio are so much easier on the wrists and the ride is more enjoyable as a result, but then I miss the (masochistic?) feeling of riding a ‘real’ Guzzi. The Griso was a lot easier to ride than both V11s, but how many bikes can one own‽ 

I see you’re busy finding that limit :D and it’s something I and swmbo always “discuss” … in my defence it’s only been shaft driven bikes so far (thus my Griso ghetto moniker) so at least that limits the options. 

6 hours ago, audiomick said:

That's an easy one:

enough minus 1

B)

What’s the optimum no of bikes to own?

Easy: However many you currently own + 1 more

Can you ever have enough?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, audiomick said:

That's an easy one:

enough minus 1

B)

2 hours ago, Guzzimax said:

What’s the optimum no of bikes to own?

Easy: However many you currently own + 1 more

Can you ever have enough?

I told you we could count on the other inmates on the ward to judge pure, crystalline sanity when they see it.  B)

• Like 2
  • Haha 3