Gratuitous Pics of Girls + Guzzi

OK, slightly off topic, but just look at these Norton Commando ads from the early 1970s. Whoever wrote the copy for these ads - Rideability ? Is this referring to the Norton or something else - genius!

IMG_1899.jpeg

IMG_1898.jpeg

• Like 4
4 hours ago, Paradiso said:

Is 'nookie' used in the US and elsewhere? Might just be a UK thing.adca121080b59e72000fd65d371edfc3.jpg

Sent from my SM-S901B using Tapatalk

Can't speak for the whole country, but "nookie" was a common word where I grew up in rural western Kentucky in the 1960's.  :oldgit:

Bill

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, audiomick said:

Yeah, I've heard the word in Australia, back in the day. Probably in the 60s, and possibly only from people a generation older than me. :)

Yeah, back in the day, during the 60s & 70s, it was a word we used a lot. In fact in my later teenage years the pursuit of this activity seemed to be the main aim in life :grin:

This was a particular favorite.  I shared the magazine in 8th grade English class.  A rotten friend took an eraser to it and erased her eyes.  I was relieved a few months later when they brought the ad back.

12451dbae3a03c4bec0b1d40449b5fbb.jpg

Edited by LowRyter
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2
On 8/27/2024 at 8:45 AM, LowRyter said:

This was a particular favorite.  I shared the magazine in 8th grade English class.  A rotten friend took an eraser to it and erased her eyes.  I was relieved a few months later when they brought the ad back.

12451dbae3a03c4bec0b1d40449b5fbb.jpg

They forgot the final line in the add. "The bold way to make time" in the workshop up to your arse in oil and broken engine parts"

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, Guzzimax said:

... the insulation tape ….

See, that's why they didn't take you for the job. To the professional eye, it is obviously gaffer tape, not insulation tape. :grin:

749px-Black_gaffer_tape.jpg

© Marie-Lan Nguyen / Wikimedia Commons / 

Edited by audiomick
  • Haha 2