Lucky Phil extender mod

Chuck

The DNTFL-6 rod end and the TR6-150 rod will be what you will probably go with . IDK what I was trying with the other parts . They would be considered ball joints . I guess I was trying to use them in place of the original style . 

I try a LOT of stuff before I am satisfied . One time I bought over $100 worth of grease couplings before I was satisfied with what I wanted . 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, gstallons said:

One time I bought over $100 worth of grease couplings before I was satisfied with what I wanted . 

I can relate to that. B)

6 hours ago, gstallons said:

The DNTFL-6 rod end and the TR6-150 rod will be what you will probably go with . IDK what I was trying with the other parts . They would be considered ball joints . I guess I was trying to use them in place of the original style . 

I try a LOT of stuff before I am satisfied . One time I bought over $100 worth of grease couplings before I was satisfied with what I wanted . 

I'm currently awaiting delivery of my 3rd small container of touch-up paint to get a decent match, sigh. I'll soon have enough variations to mix and match to get it right the way things are going.

The problem with touch up paint now is it's not mixed in large 100 litre batches and bottled and sold but mixed individually in 50ml bottles. Mixing 100 litre batches means the slight discrepancies of a gram or 2 in the pigments don't really have an overall affect on the colour but trying to mix a 50ml bottle down to 1/10 of a gram in weight for 3 pigments is pretty much mission impossible. I watched the guy at the local auto shop mix the paint and he got the weights spot on but who knows how accurate the scales are. It can be done as I have had touch-up paint that's been a perfect match on more than 1 occasion in the past.

Phil

• Like 2

If you are doing this to your Greenie , lots of luck. This color should be called chameleon . 

• Haha 3

On 8/12/2024 at 4:49 AM, gstallons said:

Well , I found the invoice : 

DMCS-6 ball joint DIN metric

DNTFL-6 rod end teflon race narrow housing 

TR6-150 rod , threaded M6X1.0

DMCSL-6 ball joint FIN metric

I just bought what i thought I was going to need and then used what I wanted after I got everything here . Just punch in the part #s until you find what you want .  You can reuse your r.h. thread rod end if you want to save a couple of dollars. 

This invoice is from 08-2011 so I hope these part #s will be good .  

HTH , gene

Thank you so much!

• Like 1