30 amp fuse failure

docc

45 minutes ago, gstallons said:

docc , I am glad because I don't think anyone has an idea about a sequence of events or any sequence of diagnosis or steps on repairing this issue . I am sure no one knows for sure what has been done to repair this simple problem. 

Yessir, I am hoping that dedicated topic will lead to a resolution and may inform us why that charging wiring back to the battery gets so hot!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The poor connection is responsible for the burnt fuse. That has to be looked at as either the cause or the effect or both.

A buddy of mine was working on a Allmand light plant with a no charge condition . One of the two large wires going from the alternator to the regulator had 4 ohms more resistance than the other. He ran new wires from the alt. to the reg. and cured the charging problem. 

I don't think the "congregation" understands how critical EVERYTHING is and how important every step is to fixing this condition.  It will be simple once it is corrected. 

• Like 2

On 9/2/2024 at 11:46 PM, docc said:

edit: 77 posts, over six months, split to create a dedicated thread

I know from personal experience with another forum, that means somewhere between 3 and 4 hours work. At least, for someone who reads and types quickly.

Somebody buy that man a beer or three. I'd do it, but I'm too far away. B)

• Thanks 1