Remap

Yam350

I don't think it's the fueling you're feeling at 5k, it's probably the cam. Once mine gets to 5k it's time to hold on!

• Like 2

Many complain about the torque dip between 3500-4500 rpm. In my opinion these bikes are meant to pull above 5k during spirited riding. So they should never be under tremendous load below that.

On the other hand it's a big twin! Should be roarty and snorty from the bottom to the top! Cam timing, etc. I know....

That being said an aftermarket x-over and a different map have made mine a bit more roarty through the lower revs.

Is it worth re-mapping at this stage or should I change the crossover and look at the airbox first?

anything done to the airbox will proberly make it worse

yours dosnt really sound much differant to any other V11, It just sounds like the typical lean area that the emision nazis inflict on maufactures, try raising the CO trim to +50 then drop it back till ya happy... other wise yes remap, remember with your guzzidiag you can save the existing map

• 7 years later...
On 4/26/2017 at 12:39 AM, Rox Lemans said:

Talk to Todd at Guzzitech. He remapped mine. I couldn't be happier. He has numerous maps for whatever setup you have.

any dyno graphs or raw numbers to show the improvements on your V11?  

On 8/28/2024 at 5:58 PM, fastaussie said:

any dyno graphs or raw numbers to show the improvements on your V11?  

I had it dynoed after I had my LeMans done in 2016 or 2017, but don't know where it is. It was on a PDF. If I can find it, I'll post it. With a Mistral crossover, silencers and an open airbox with a K&N, It was between 8-11hp at the wheel over stock. Teetered in the mid  80's rwhp I But I guess that about as much as you can get without cracking open the engine. But it feels more due to the throttle responsiveness. 

• Like 3

Agreed that it sounds like a typical v11 with that mid range.  

I have 2 v11’s with crossovers, and I’d say adding that it was an improvement for both, though not dramatic. Both are tuned the same, both have crossovers, but one is like a big 2-stroke in that it explodes above 5000rpm, while other has a smoother, more consistent pull through the rpm range, though still with the noticeable (grin inducing) change at 5000rpm.

mapping would would probably be the hot ticket for mid range, however you chose to go about it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rox Lemans said:

I had it dynoed after I had my LeMans done in 2016 or 2017, but don't know where it is. It was on a PDF. If I can find it, I'll post it. With a Mistral crossover, silencers and an open airbox with a K&N, It was between 8-11hp at the wheel over stock. Teetered in the mid  80's rwhp I But I guess that about as much as you can get without cracking open the engine. But it feels more due to the throttle responsiveness. 

Sounds a bit like mine...( 01 Sport ).

Open air box lid, K& N filter Stucchi crossover and open Mistral carbon cans plus remap.

I have a dyno printout with 80 rwhp and 60 ft/pounds before adding the crossover and removing the airbox lid and the new map! I'd guess mid 80's and maybe 63 ish ft/pd's.I don't know why I never got a copy of the dyno run after these mods.

Cheers 

Ps yeah much more responsive...... 

• Like 3

On 8/30/2024 at 9:42 PM, guzzler said:

Sounds a bit like mine...( 01 Sport ).

Open air box lid, K& N filter Stucchi crossover and open Mistral carbon cans plus remap.

I have a dyno printout with 80 rwhp and 60 ft/pounds before adding the crossover and removing the airbox lid and the new map! I'd guess mid 80's and maybe 63 ish ft/pd's.I don't know why I never got a copy of the dyno run after these mods.

Cheers 

Ps yeah much more responsive...... 

The feeling is actually a bit significant to stock. They say these bikes did 80ish out the factory. BHP, maybe. I'm getting that at the wheel. Maybe 10-12hp over stock. But also how that extra 10-12hp is delivered. They just pull much harder and smoother than stock. Anyone who tells you you'll get 20-25hp with an exhaust and a tune is lying or just embelishing. An Aprilia RSV-4? Yes, you'll get 20hp with an ecu tune and exhaust system. These aren't Aprilia RSV-4s. 

80rwhp bone stock seems a little high. Maybe I should have mine done again because my setup pulls WAY harder than a stock V11..

• Like 1

In my experience a stock V11 will make about 75/6 RWHP if tuned correctly. The hairiest one I ever rode was the Mighty Scura I sold to Chuck. That probably didn’t make a lot more top end but bugger me drunk it was a torque monster! Bottom end and midrange was just phenomenal. Far better than any 2V Guzzi had any right to be.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, pete roper said:

In my experience a stock V11 will make about 75/6 RWHP if tuned correctly. The hairiest one I ever rode was the Mighty Scura I sold to Chuck. That probably didn’t make a lot more top end but bugger me drunk it was a torque monster! Bottom end and midrange was just phenomenal. Far better than any 2V Guzzi had any right to be.

It carries on. Colt, the MS's latest keeper, was on it at Guzzi lunch one day instead of his Grease O. He started the old girl up with the glorious sound from the Staintunes, and I said, "She's a bad MF er." He just smiled, and said, "I like it."  :D

• Like 6

On 9/2/2024 at 4:50 PM, pete roper said:

G'day,

I just dragged the old Dyno reading out...

It was actually 77 rwhp and 61 ft pounds when I got the bike. This was all standard except K and N filter and open Mistrals.

Then I added a PC111 and a custom map which brought it to 79.60 rwhp and same 61 ft pounds of torque.

Later on I added a Stucchi crossover and removed the airbox lid and the PC111 was dumped. Brad reflashed the ECU after retuning on the dyno. Buggered if I know why I didn't get a copy of the dyno run but reckon it's about 83-85 hp at the wheel and a wee bit more torque 63 ish perhaps ?

Cheers 

• Like 1

Different dyno, different circumstances, (We’re about 800m above sea level.). Most Dyno operators like to stick a finger on the scales because people want bragging rights. I’m not saying that is the case with your experience but I’ve ridden a lot of ‘Hot’ Guzzis and I’m afraid that most of them tell a similar story, despite dyno charts, receipts for work or anything else.

I’m not doubting you or your enjoyment of your bike I’m just saying I won’t believe it until I plant my corpulent arse on the seat and pull the go handle.

You may note I never make any unusual claims for 8V’s I’ve been involved in making as good as they can be? That’s because they are what they are. The V11 motor is very hard to pull a lot more reliable performance out of. That’s what makes ‘The Mighty Scura’ such an extraordinary bike. But as I said, its peak power is probably not much more than a stocker. But its rideability is extraordinary! I had nothing to do with its build, I just owned it and had a very memorable trip across the USA on it. If your bike is like it you’re a very lucky man.

• Like 3

Mate, I'd doubt my Greenie would be in the same league as the mighty Scura with her High comp pistons and Mike Rich headwork plus Stucchi and breathing mods if I remember correctly.... but I'm not too fussed about the actual numbers these days, just happy she's running well and strong. I've been more focused on the suspension and handling to tell the truth!

This is the first Guzzi I've owned so don't have much experience to compare but can say that after owning her for 14 or so years I still love it .... Jeezuz they get under your skin!

Cheers 

• Like 3

Don't V11s already have high compression piston? A bore out to maybe 1290 would be really nice..

Port and polished heads help, but it isn't life changing. Valves and springs help.

Without cracking open the motor, airbox mod, full exhaust, fueling... 85ish rwhp.. + or - a hp...(more like minus)And that is friggin good... 

I chatted with Todd about doing this despite not having the disposable income at the time. A 1084 bored out and on its best day I think he said low to mid 90s.Kinda not worth to get that little extra and risk reliability issues. I'm happy with my mid 80s on both my Lemans and Scura..Oh, the lighter flywheel? Not a whole lot of help. The motor just revs quicker..And to be honest, the heaver flywheel makes these bikes sound and feel a little better, but that's me. My Scura, thought I love it, the single plate clutch can be a little too snappy. I've broken traction traction in the ass end entering corners more than I'd like to..How I don't have a skidmark on my seat from almost crapping myself is an enigma.. That little bit of slip in the Lemans is kinda nice..

Edited by Rox Lemans
misspell, grammar... I suck today
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1