Running Lights

docc

The "Running Light" circuit on the V11 is a curious animal. In my view, if the relays fail (say it ain't so! :o ), the Running Lights still get their fire through the Ignition Switch and Fuse#6. No relay. :thumbsup:

So, even if the headlight (and brake light, warning lights, charging, and tach) go out from relay failure (Relays #1 NC or #2 NO), you still have a tail light, tag light, instrument illumination, and a 4 watt "city" light in the headlamp bucket. A "limp home" mode, if you will.

Even better, it seems the Running Lights stay on if Fuse#6 is pulled (or blown). Unless either Relay#2 or Relay#1 is also pulled (or fail), then they go out.  It's an excellent redundant system to ensure the Running Lights stay lit. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

But, I can't find how the Running Lights are *also* fed from the Relay circuit unless it is inside the left handlebar switch set.

Is it? Or how? Or is my Funky-Old-Sport shorted out? :mellow:

curious minds and idle hands . . . :nerd::blink:

Are the circuits crossed here, in the left hand switch between the dimmer and the Running Lights?

IMG_2192.JPG%20copy.jpg

Well, I can't find the Running Light (park) wires in the left handlebar switchset (took it apart and gave it a clean/lube), or any kind of *junction block* inside the switchset (or whatever that thing is in the diagram).

Not sure where the Running Lights get their redundant feed from the Relays, but it's good to know it is there.

Perhaps the representation on the Manual's wiring screamatic is for the "Euro" switchset that allows the headlamps to be shut off?

Unplug the switch that would eliminate it as the redundant source. It must come through the ignition and I don't see it going through the start relay

Sent from my shoe phone!

Unplug the switch that would eliminate it as the redundant source. It must come through the ignition and I don't see it going through the start relay

Sent from my shoe phone!

One more test for the next "Tank Off" session.

[i also need to test the voltage drop in the black reference wire to the regulator.]