Throttle Position Sensor- need some pics

Jazzamoto

reviving an old thread while perusing random stuff during lunch….

anyone know why Stein Dinse and MGcycle charge either about $600 or $400 (respectively) for a PF3C, while CA cycle works and other sources have them for around $80?  one them use diamonds and kryptonite?

• Like 1

Because thet can  :rasta:.

Cheers Tom.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Gmc28 said:

reviving an old thread while perusing random stuff during lunch….

anyone know why Stein Dinse and MGcycle charge either about $600 or $400 (respectively) for a PF3C, while CA cycle works and other sources have them for around $80?  one them use diamonds and kryptonite?

Probably because SD originally sold genuine OEM TPS's sourced from Guzzi or the OEM as opposed to CA probably sourcing them from China. Now that new OEM sensors are pretty much unobtainium they also probably source from China direct but without passing on the reduced retail price. I don't think there's any issue with Chinese made stuff in general but I still think they grade their components. The best go to the big customers that buy in significant quantities and may even have their own form of quality control or testing and the lesser quality is sold via ebay and such. Just my theory from experience. CA Cycleworks are renowned for selling quality stuff and I think from memory they actually yest their TPS's before selling them.

Phil  

• Like 3

You did read the last line (in red) that stated 

Note Not for other Moto Guzzi models 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tom in Virginia said:

Currently about $84 US

https://ca-cycleworks.com/pf3c.html

1 hour ago, gstallons said:

You did read the last line (in red) that stated 

Note Not for other Moto Guzzi models 

I've run a couple Ca CycleWorks TPS on my Sport. As long as the TPS has the adjustable mounting slots, it fits our V11s.

They would be more correct to say, "Fits all V11 Moto Guzzi, only." After all, not all V11 "EV-type" are California. There are Jackals and Stone and Titanium and on and on . . .

• Like 1

Thanx for the clarification . I couldn't see that it would matter , but....

Edited by gstallons

12 minutes ago, gstallons said:

Thanx for the clarification . I couldn't see that it would matter , but....

CARC Guzzi use a fixed TPS.

1 hour ago, gstallons said:

Hmmm . They use the lowest # as zero or base throttle angle ? 

The CARC models index the throttle plate using The Sacred Screw (identical to the V11 "idle screw") and cause the ECU to "learn" whatever the TPS output is to index to the mapping.

• Like 1

Thankfully the CARC bikes do not need to have the TPS fiddled with manually...all done electronically via Guzzidiag.  SOOOOOOOOOOOO much easier than the V11's...

55 minutes ago, PJPR01 said:

Thankfully the CARC bikes do not need to have the TPS fiddled with manually...all done electronically via Guzzidiag.  SOOOOOOOOOOOO much easier than the V11's...

Just know not to muck with The Sacred Screw!

• Like 2

I installed some TPS sensors on two Dodge vehicles in the last two weeks and my scanner had a "relearn" on the TPS after I installed them .  Bolt it up and relearn and it was finished . You didn't have to adjust anything .

• Like 2

Yeah, the 750 Breva has a "relearn" function too. The same as the CARC models, I imagine. Screw(s) on the throttle bodies that you shouldn't touch under any circumstances, and a function in the ECU that tells it "the TPS is closed now, that is your base value".