LED turn signal conversion problem

Don Macleay

12 hours ago, DucatiGuzziIndian said:

IMG_4931.jpg

Where does that nice white lamp holder come from? Mine has at least 2 previous epoxy repairs gobbed around the insert nuts.😄

Edited by MartyNZ

5 hours ago, DucatiGuzziIndian said:

I managed to complete the LED turn signal conversion with the help of the great advice from you guys.... many thanks.

I purchased LED turn signals and LED brake lights from Amazon and went to a local electronics supplier for the diodes and 12v LED dash indicator lamp. I had to file the new LED dash indicator lamp outer ring a little so that it fitted into the square hole in the instrument housing where the old lamp resided. I then added some small O-rings to the outer body of the lamp to take up the free play between the LED body and the hole it fitted into. These O-rings created just enough resistance to make sure it doesn't slide around in the hole so that was a stroke of luck.

Proof positive that if you cannot fit a round peg into a square hole, Moto Guzzi may not be for you . . . :mg::grin:

Nicely done, @DucatiGuzziIndian! Thanks for sharing all the details!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Marty

Bike only has 3,000 miles on it (5,000k)

And I'm a bit anal about keeping stuff in pristine condition..

I suffer from CDO (it's like OCD but all the letters are in alphabetical order as they should be!! )

Many thanks for your help mate!

:thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4