MPH Risers

Guest Joe keeling

Guest Joe keeling

Just got my bike out of the shop from the Transmission recall, and while I had it in there I opted to install a set of MPH risers. What a difference they make, the riding position brings back memories of my dads old "White Lightning" Buell(without the crummy seat), or my buddies Speed Triple, with a wider handle bar feel. They work. Period.

Reading about the "layoff" at the factory, makes me feel sick. I don't know many details about Moto Guzzi's finacial state, etc. But the V11 is one really good motorcycle. I also don't understand why my dealer(Honda Yamaha Triumph Royal Enfield Aprillia Moto Guzzi) doesn't know a damn thing about Guzzi's heritage, character, nada. The bikes end up sitting in the back of the dealership floor out of sight out of mind, for at least a year before they sell( I bought my 2001 sport in Jan 03). I know he is in bussiness to make money, but it seems he views Guzzi as the brand that he "had to take" on along with a plethora of mopeds to get the fast and furious Aprillia hot rods. I don't have all the answers, but some how Guzzi needs to educate the buyers to its "strong" points (which not always come across on a spec chart). I haven't gassed up yet without somebody walking over and asking questions about my sport, all of them favorable. BMW doesn't make bikes that scorch the spec charts either, but some how they seem to market(and build) them well enough that it doesn't matter.