Handling/Suspension Question

Enzo

If you can't remember where your damping is at the best way is set everything to the middle go for a ride and work out which way you want to go

Yes, this is exactly what I did. Two clicks off compression front and back and the bike is SPOT ON. Man, I went blazing up the usual bumpy road like I was on a hovercraft. Pure Guzziness! Thanks y'all.

Guest dkgross

hey Enzo...dumb question time....I know how to adjust the rear shock (did a two-click adjustment last week and it made a HUUUGE difference). No more loose, bouncy back end whilst flying around Alki...

but..how do I adjust the fronts?? a little education, per favore.

grazie.

The older(pre 2002) Marz forks have rebound and compression damping in separate legs. The fork crown marked "C" and the crown marked "R"... well, I'm sure you get it ^_^

Anyway, there is a brass screw in the center of each of these caps/crowns, and can be adjusted clockwise for more damping, and counter for less.

Hope that helps :thumbsup:

If you were asking "how much" instead of "how", well I can't help you there :P

al

Guest Brian Robson

Dave, I think again the advice of starting off in the middle of the adjustment range then riding over the same piece of road is a good idea. As you can't simply adjust the sag(preload), set the rebound for smooth movement up from full compression, then head to the road, screwdriver in pocket, adjusting the compression until it feels as comfortable as you like.

Enjoy :luigi::luigi::luigi: