V11 Le Mans in the southeast U.S.

fastaussie

1 hour ago, p6x said:

3500 miles in 12 years, that's about 300m/y.

Am I the only one riding his bike every day?

I bought my Breva 750 on the 9th of August last year. The rego was transferred into my name on the 17th. August, 2023, which is when I started riding it regularly.

It occurs to me that I didn't even notice the "first anniversary". I hope she doesn't get narky about that. :lol:

Date of first registration, 30th. June 2005. When I bought it, it had 9,883 km on the clock. I bought it through a Honda dealership, and they had records of changing the tyres in 2013. Since then, it had only done just over 800 km. .

It became my daily rider, and now has over 12,000 km on the clock. And an oil leak out of the clutch housing that has become apparent in the last month or so... B)

Edited by audiomick
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, fastaussie said:

i doubt it.  but some people have more bikes than time.

i bought my little Daytona 675R with 1,250 miles on it at a decade old.  one of my Ducati's with about the same, and even older.  my Aprilia with even less, 701 miles.  my 1996 900ss came with 6k miles while two decades old.

i have to say, i don't mind buying 'em with ridiculously low miles.  nothing like a new(ish) 20 year old bike... :D

I am European mostly; in Europe, or at least when I lived there, our motorcycles were our day-to-day mean of transportation. Not something we would only use on our spare time. At the time, most of us could only afford one motorcycle; also because motorcycle insurance in Europe is much more expensive than here.

After finding out about the guy that does the Motorcycle Texas Tour with his motorcycle on a trailer, it certainly educated me. But it is not only the bikes. I have neighbors who own exotic cars, and only take them for a spin on Sundays. I understand they don't want to put too many miles on them, but what is the point, then?

Edited by p6x
  • Like 3

I am yet to adjust to having more than one motorcycle.

It is quite obvious that I will be riding the Quota much more than the V11; at least at the beginning, until I settle for what I prefer to do with one as opposed to the other.

That said, even if I do not have to go anywhere, I always try to go for a little ride. Most of the time, I go to Brenham, or Navasota, or even to Iron Power Supply dealership. They have a lounge where I can sip coffee and look at Triumph motorcycles.

When I lived in Paris, we would meet at La Bastille on Friday evenings, and go for a ride. But on week days, we would always congregate at a friendly bar. Just a meeting point where would end up our work day, before going back to our respective families.

I don't see much of that here, so far. There was that Café named Wolfsmith of the Heights here in Houston, but most of the people there do not ride bikes. I went a couple of times, and I am the only one motorcycling there.

very different culture between the U.S., especially Texas, than Europe.

i've been fortunate enough to have a decent amount of motorbikes for a while.  different brands and models for different purposes and rides.  and some days i would even ride 3 or 4 in the same day.  i too used to ride often, or find excuses to do nothing and ride somewhere.  of course with the daily perfect, year round weather in Southern California, it's bloody hard not to...

8 hours ago, fastaussie said:

very different culture between the U.S., especially Texas, than Europe.

There is maybe a major factor that I should not forget;

The heat and humidity here in the Bayou city.

When I left home last Saturday, 5:00 am, just the time to put on my helmet and gloves outside, and you are already sweaty! without the sun pounding...

I can't imagine going to work every day, and needing to take a shower and change before getting set.

This week we are again under heat advisory, with temperatures at 104 degF;

14 hours ago, p6x said:

This week we are again under heat advisory, with temperatures at 104 degF;

i'm in Florida at the moment @p6x, i fully understand what you're saying, completely.  getting out of the shower in an air conditioned house, you start sweating before you're dry and feel like you need another shower before you've even left the bathroom.  

i need to get back to southern California as soon as possible...

92ac6bf4-c487-4148-90dd-b6b68f41f295.jpg

• Like 1