clutch slip

Guest melittle

Guest melittle

I just got my 2000 V11 sport back (the second time) from having the warranty work done. The first time I picked it up there was a slow leak somewhere and tranny fluid was leaking onto the crossover (nice smoky starts in the morning). I took it back and they tore it apart again and fixed the leak. Now, I'm having problems with clutch slip when I'm on the gas hard at about 6,000 rpm. The bike has about 17,000 miles, a lot of which are city miles. I didn't have any problems with slip before the warranty work but then I was being gentle with it once I found out about the recall work. Any thoughts? Coincidence? or is it possible that the clutch could have been contaminated with some transmission fluid? Anyone else have a clutch go this soon on a 200 v11 sport?

Thanks,

mark

That's too bad. I had a very slow leak through the rear main seal on my '01- I'm talking so slow that it never dripped, never smoked. But...it contaminted the clutch and it slipped just like you are describing.

Options (off the top of my head):

-take it back and make the dealer fix it (hope it's under warranty)

-fix it yourself (builds character)

-plug up the drain on the bottom of the bell housing, spray a sh**load of solvent (brake cleaner I -think) into the bell housing and let that wash off the oil (Mark Ethridge method)

-hope it goes away (not likely)

-live with it (not very satisfying)

:huh2:

J

EDIT:

Forgot to add- if you use the mark e. method, then you RUN the bike and excercise the clutch while the fluid is in the housing. Ay yi yi.

Edited by jrt