OT. Waaayyyyy off topic...

callison

This is truly experimental in nature. But I had to try.

http://home.pacbell.net/guzzi007/V750_Manual.html

At 1.2 Megabytes in size, I'm not likely to leave this here for more than a few weeks.

This is what happens during winter when the garage is too cold to work in and 60% of your bikes are in pieces.

I just scanned throught it briefly, but there was one beautifully crafted line that popped out at me:

" In normal riding conditions, all the tell-tale

lights should be off, except naturally the

green light when night driving in towns."

It's almost poetry! :P

I like the fact that it's all on one page. I wouldn't look at it from my home line, but here at work it's no problem. You did a great job on the figures- they look better than my hard-copy manuals in some cases. This will complement my Eldo manuals.

Thanks!

Jason

Very nicely done, i have the orginal Spare Parts Catalogue that I could scan if you want to add it. :D

Maybe Guzzi should hire you. I would be nice to see all of the manufacterors post info on the net.

The spare parts catalog is nearly 60 pages (I've borrowed one from an 850 El Dorado to put my bike back together with when the parts are all powder coated). Each page has to be cleaned up where there's been a crease, tear, scan distortion/rotation, smudge etc. The 28 pages I've done so far without any major clean up account for 24 Mb for 28 pages. My ISP limits mail size, so you either have to put the scan files at an ftp site or email them separately. Tedious. Then, after the clean up, the description pages have to be run through optical character reading software (which isn't that accurate and if the page is in Italian...) and then proof read against the original. I figure about 4 hours per page for something like this just to get it into a correct state and minimal file size (the cleanup). Then I hand code it to html using Netscape Composer. If they're aren't too many in-document links, then that process usually takes a few evenings. If there are lots of illustrations and links, it could take a few months of spare time. The resultant document would be about 60 Mb which is far larger than I have available to host.

The short side of it is. I don't want to do it. I'd love to have the scans but the effort on your part would be non-trivial (really good/perfect scans require time and skill) and the effort involved for proof reading all of those numbers is monumental. I just missed getting the Ambassador spare parts catalog that was on eBay (forgot to go back and bid higher) but another one will come along eventually and I'll snag it. For the time being, that's a better course for me. Now, if MG wanted to pay me for all of this effort, I'd be quite pleased to take an MGS01 is payment for doing all of the manuals they would want to throw at me providing they host the web site.