gearbox bracket

Tim

Hi folks

I see to remember a thread about the gearbox to frame bracket that was on early Le Mans but discontinued in 2000. Someone had a picture of it and I can't find it. Can anyone tell me where it is or even better re post the pic

yours sincerely

Mr Grateful

y2k v11

Thanks for the thread - I've found the pic and I'm going to get one made as my dealer seems to have drawn a blank - if anyone has any blueprints or similar for the bracket I'd be grateful - looking at the thread on frame stiffness I think its probably a good move for my Y2K V11S which has to cope with lots of bumps and potholes here in London and environs.

why the hell did they remove it in the first place though is what I want to know...

Tim

why the hell did they remove it in the first place though is what I want to know...

Tim

That's an excellent question, one I don't think anyone has answered yet :huh2:

I'd like to know as well..... just out of curiosity at the least.

al

bracket.gif

I scanned the actual plate, took some measurements and then used Canvas to pull the other dimensions, spacing, angles etc. I have some reservation about the absolute accuracy though. That last hundredth of a millimeter on most measurements is far more likely to be rounded up to the nearest tenth as a production measurement. Scanners and absolute dimensional accuracy are not necessarily a reliable combination. Do with it what you will.

I am finding out waaayyyyy too many things in the process of trying to put the V11 Sport back together. The latest is the timing case cover. I bought a 96 Sport one (cheap - $85), wound up having to mill off the bottom fins to clear the oil cooler feeds - and then found out the upper engine mounts are actually 1 cm wider on the carb sports than the later models. If I have that half centimeter milled off on each side, there won't be enough material left to be reliable. Now I have to wait for yet another part from MGNA which will be very expensive (~$340) and possibly not in stock. Time will tell. Other than that, I think I'm ready to put it all back together again.

Does anyone need a timing case cover for an early model Sport?

It's not like I haven't been doing anything related to Guzzi's over the winter months though. I did manage to get a total of 40 schematics for Guzzis up on my web page. Minor fame, no fortune.

Guest boggycox

Tim,Which dealer do you use in London i'm in Aus at the moment but returning to U.K in a couple of weeks and i'm bringing the bike back with me.

Hi Boggycox

I suddnely realised you wanted a London dealer - Motomecca are parts only (and useful advice) the place you want is Corsa Italiana Ltd, 0208 7154333 who are based in Collier's Wood in South London.

When you come over we'll have to meet up at the Ace Cafe!

Tim

Does anyone have a part number for this bracket?

Errr...yup...I have...01 20 28 30 :homer: Thanks .

Um...does the 02 frame still have facility to fit this bracket...?

KB :sun:

Hi Baldini

Pretty easy to check - if you look up at the spine frame above the gearbox bellhousing then you'll see either a bracket...or not!

regards

Tim