Paint Color Codes

Guest Wayne M

Guest Wayne M

Good afternoon,

I would like to paint a cafe fairing I purchased to match my green V11 Sport. Where can I find the paint color codes? The owner manual I have does not list them. Thanks for your help.

Wayne

...you can't <_>

Heh, OK... that wasn't very helpful :rolleyes: But all kidding aside, there really aren't any that we've found from the consumer perspective. We did have someone post a link a long while back, to a very large paint/coatings conglomerate in Italy that purportedly made the paints for Guzzi, but I don't think anyone was ever able to really track down true "codes".

Everyone I've known has just had to take their bike down to their best local paint guy, and he's custom matched it.... which depending on the color(like the antifreeze green) can apparently be quite challenging.

In my case, I just had a 2003 black tank repainted to match my 2002 champagne colored LeMans, and although the shop(which specializes in painting just bike bodywork) had several Ducati and Moto Guzzi paint chips/codes, in then end they just has to custom tint it :huh2:

So, I'd suggest calling around or pinging any local motorcycling forums about who is good at matching custom paint in your area.

Sorry I don't have better news than that... even for my "touch up" jobs, I have a handful of "close" colors from my local auto-shop, that aren't even quite perfect.

al

Guest v11jap

i had the fairing from my 2000 green v11 repainted by a friend how works in the automotive industry.. Getting the paint is the easy bit (De beer lakken in holland can get you al the stuff you need!) but the painting is the big problem! after a lott of experiments we figured out it needs 2 layers of the gray pigment and 4 and a bit of the green.. this will get an exact color match! (to be honest i was happy with 5 or 3 layers of the green as well but the expert wanted it to be perfect, and for a bottle of singel malt it should be!!)

i while ago i asked him for the codes as soon as i got them i will post that although i don't think that's of much help cause of the difficult spraying proces! anyone able to spray it must be abble to gett the pigments used!

ciao

jap

Jap,A few weeks ago someone addressed this issue in particular the Rosso Mandello color. He found the original paint supplier for Guzzi somewhere in Europe, they also had a Canadian distributor that had codes and knew the process.Pardon me for being so vague(brain cells shot)Maybe this will help.