HEPCO AND BEKER PANIERS

griff

CAN ANYONE HELP ME

I'VE FITTED HEPCO/BEKER PANNIERS AND RACK TO MY TENNI ONLY TO FIND THE REAR FOOT PEGS ARE SO CLOSE MY PILLION CAN ONLY GET HER HEELS ON THE REAR PEGS AND THE SOLE OF HER FOOT RESTS ON THE EXHAUST

ANY SUGGESTIONS PLEASE :mg:

Get a pillion with smaller heels. No, my bike has pads on the mufflers just in front of the pegs. I'll bet you don't have stock mufflers. Oops.

I've thought about making custom pegs to get around the issue but my wife says it doesn't bother her. There are a multitude of aftermarket pegs out there but most will not fit your application.

I found the same true of the Guzzi semi-soft bags by Tekno. These appear to have 'stops' on the rack which could concievably be moved back a bit.

rack.JPG

I see you also have a spada, If she can get a full licence, thats your answer. Much more fun to ride than to pillion!

Obviously if you're touring can spread the kit across two bikes , but doubles the cost. But as said before is more fun to ride than pillion.

SWIMBO as previously mentioned no longer rides pillion due to medical reasons. My kidneys can't take the rabbit punches :D

It's our plan that she will get her licence one day - kids etc permitting- Perhaps a CBT course for her birthday would be a start.She fancies a baby blade (CBR400R)

I also have the teckno bags. I slid the stops back to allow the pegs to go up and down with the bags on. But it still looks like heel and instep only. But I don't plan on carrying a pillion.

But I supose if she does have a licence of her own she will want her own bike not your other one, so something might have to go to make room :o Well theres always the train.

Get a pillion with smaller heels. No, my bike has pads on the mufflers just in front of the pegs. I'll bet you don't have stock mufflers. Oops.

I've thought about making custom pegs to get around the issue but my wife says it doesn't bother her. There are a multitude of aftermarket pegs out there but most will not fit your application.

He has a Tenni.... the Scura, Tenni, and RM(others?) that have the CF sleeved La Franconi OEM exhausts do *not* have the "foot pad" that the aluminum skinned versions do. I don't know why, but maybe MG thought it looked more sporty.

Unfortunately, although a lot of us try to use the Sport/LeMans as a "sport tourer" by adding bags, etc.... I think it is a bit of stretch to make it work well as a 2-up version so loaded.

I know several people that have successfully toured 2-up on the bike with luggage for a reasonable distance, but I think the ideal maximum application for the bike with luggage is a single rider in "sport touring" mode. Beyond that, you have to start making concessions in comfort, power, etc... as the bike's dimensions just weren't designed from the outset to comfortably accomodate 2 people and luggage.

That's just my opinion though. YMMV of course ;)

al