evoluzione foot peg relocator

Guest Natrix

Guest Natrix

I read several messages regarding the evoluzione foot peg relocator (part 97401 evoluzione cyclesports) on this forum and I wanted to try it on my 2004 Ballabio. When I wrote evoluzione they said they didn't know if it would fit my bike. I ordered the part anyway and it fits perfectly. I have size 12 boots and I don't have any problem shifting or using the rear brake. It definitely adds to the comfort level. The combination of a Rich Maund seat with the foot pegs is a significant improvement. :thumbsup:

Guest Bruce

Here's an odd question for you, are the bottoms of your boots smooth or is the sole to heel transition sharp?

The reason I ask is that I also made the change and really like the leg room but the shifting is a problem. Some guys apparently adapted but after 3 rides its still bugging me ( not to quibble but I can't shift it without alot of exagerated leg movement- not the smoothest ). I've not been able to think of a good fix for the shifter but it seems if I could slide my foot forward a bit it would be ok. Unfortunately my boots are not cooperating.

Guest Natrix

My boots have a smooth transition from heal to toe . I definitely have to lift my toe higher than before to up-shift, but I bend at the ankle, I don't lift my leg. For down shifting I noticed I do lift my leg, but that seems natural. You could put a sleave on the shifter, like a pipe insulator, to make the shifter closer to your toe. I put pipe sleaves on my hand grips and it cuts down on vibration and gives me a slightly more upright seating position.

post-5-1084850149_thumb.jpg

Guest Natrix

Woops. the picture of my Ballabio I just posted shows the Rich Maund seat, but does not show the repositioned foot pegs. Sorry. :wacko:

Guest Bruce

Thanks for the input, I've had boots on my list for awhile, so this feature might help. On upshifts I bend the ankle but I've pretty welled maxed out the angle by the time it shifts and as the day goes I apparently get a little clumisy and start to miss shift so I go for more leg movement. Also, I love the way the bike feels zipping through the gears and don't want to lose that. Down shifts I take my time, no problem.

Nice looking bike BTW. How do you like the bars?

I wonder that orange thing on the front Brembo break. In Europe we don’t have some of this.

Do we miss it?

BTW, what a great bike is it... I love the colour combination and the saddle looks great too.

Just a reflector. Mine fell off within a hundred miles- the vibrations tore the metal apart.

I agree- nice looking bike! :thumbsup:

Guest Natrix

Thanks for the nice comments on my bike. I like it too. The orange over the front brake is just a reflector (stock). With regard to the handlebars, those are the stock Ballabio bars. I really like them and find them much more comfortable than clip-ons. I lean over just enough to keep my back naturally straight which seems to minimize back strain. :mg:

Guest Fonzarelli
My boots have a smooth transition from heal to toe . I definitely have to lift my toe higher than before to up-shift, but I bend at the ankle, I don't lift my leg. For down shifting I noticed I do lift my leg, but that seems natural. You could put a sleave on the shifter, like a pipe insulator, to make the shifter closer to your toe. I put pipe sleaves on my hand grips and it cuts down on vibration and gives me a slightly more upright seating position.

Hey, is that the Moto Guzzi rear cargo rack?

Guest ksann
Is that the carbon fiber material on the Maund saddle and has the shape changed from stock?

Just last week I had my seat done by Rich Maund. That material is the 'Basketweave' sorounded by leather-like vinyl. Exactly like mine. I had Rich add a bit (1/2"?) to the seat height. And in conjunction with the peg relocators, it is very spacious.

I highly recommend Rich Maund for your seat.

My boots have a slight rise for the heel, but not a 'step' as on dress shoes. I also have to lift my foot for a downshift, but just sliding it forward for the upshift works for me, and I am also a size 12.

I am going to try to adjust the rear brake pushrod length as that is an awkward position.

ken

Guest Natrix

I'm glad Ken answered the seat material question. I didn't ask Rich about the material and I assumed it is leather. I asked to have gel under the outer covering. And yes, the cargo rack is a Guzzi accessory for the V11. It is easy to install, especially if you read Italian! It is stated that the maximum weight allowable on the carrier is 3 kg, but it seems much stronger than that. I think the point is that it is not strong enough for someone to sit on! I'm leaving tomorrow on an 800 mile, 3 day trip and I'll be able to report on the long range comfort of the Ballabio with Rich Maund seat and lowered footpegs. ;)

Is that the carbon fiber material on the Maund saddle and has the shape changed from stock?

Just last week I had my seat done by Rich Maund. That material is the 'Basketweave' sorounded by leather-like vinyl. Exactly like mine. I had Rich add a bit (1/2"?) to the seat height. And in conjunction with the peg relocators, it is very spacious.

My boots have a slight rise for the heel, but not a 'step' as on dress shoes. I also have to lift my foot for a downshift, but just sliding it forward for the upshift works for me, and I am also a size 12.

I am going to try to adjust the rear brake pushrod length as that is an awkward position.

ken

Ken, what's your inseam length?

I ask because I have a ~31 inch inseam, and even with my Corbin which was cut to lower the height a bit(but it's very wide, which exacerbates reach issues) I can't quite go flat footed on the bike.... aaaaaaaaaalmost, but not quite.

But I'd like a tad more legroom between the seat and pegs, but don't really like the Evo kit for me.... so maybe a slightly higher seat?

Anyway, I'm just curious about the seat height you got with Rich's seat, your inseam length, and ultimate reach.

Thanks!

al

Guest ksann

ken

Ken, what's your inseam length?

I ask because I have a ~31 inch inseam, and even with my Corbin which was cut to lower the height a bit(but it's very wide, which exacerbates reach issues) I can't quite go flat footed on the bike.... aaaaaaaaaalmost, but not quite.

But I'd like a tad more legroom between the seat and pegs, but don't really like the Evo kit for me.... so maybe a slightly higher seat?

Anyway, I'm just curious about the seat height you got with Rich's seat, your inseam length, and ultimate reach.

Thanks!

al

I am not sure what my inseam is (I wear size 34/34 Levi's, I am 6'0").

I can easily flat foot (both feet, obviously) with Rich's tall seat.

One observation about the Peg Relocators, when I sit at the very front of the seat, my knee's touch the heads. I don't usually sit that far forward, but with the stock height pegs, I didn't touch. No big thing, just an onservation.

Al, have you ridden on one of Rich's seats? If we can meet up some time, you are welcome to try out the seat for the day. Tomorrow morning I am leaving for the S-T.N meet in Eureka. I do head North of the Bay quite often, so maybe we can meet up some time.

Btw, the reasoin that Rich chooses vinyl is for the longevity. Most leather seats left outside start to crack after a while. I am very happy with the seat (I will let you know after this 2k mile weekend)

ken