Transmission recall service.

activpop

Yes it is...I had that option at purchase time. I campaigned an 02 LM and found that fairing no on beautiful but highly effective. ...including mirrors and rain riding. ..hand protection....but...

I'm 5'8" ymmv. 

1 hour ago, OuijiVeck said:

Ack...I'm a little late chiming in...

New phone..lost P words but YES..I went thru the "was my tranny replaced" fiasco. My 1st ray of hope was the Grey sealer smeared around bell housing etc. I was clinging to that when after a couple e-mails and phone calls Steve Spinoza of Piaggio confirmed the tranny change in 2004....pheww..after a couple nay sayers from dealers/MG USA insisted they would not have 24yo records. Try to contact Steve Spinoza /Piaggio....3rd and final relief was Grey sealer smeared inside tranny..pheww!

In parting I gotta give a major shout out to V 11 LeMans and in particularly DOCC and SCUD and a couple more. I could not have made it without you all.👍🤣😃 thank you ! Presently the Sport is languishing while I'm dealing with a failing hip. Was really loving the beast up until 2 weeks ago and had 2 rides getting the OEM Clipons back on and sorted out.i much prefer-am used to that position... not sure if my 73 yo self agrees yet. We'll see...need a good 200mi trip to get a real idea. Last time out I picked up a screw in the front..got it home on temp plug..then did inside plug then hip became the issue. Down to next BIG(not😃) project...the PINK PORK CHOP ! God I Hate that! 🤣 Also looking at LeMans fairings. I'd love that. 

THANKS AGAIN YOU GUYS !!!

I just emailed Piaggio customer service and specifically mentioned Steven Espinoza's fine detective work performed for you. Thanks for providing that info, hoping it speeds up resolving the mystery.

• Like 1

While I am impressed by how quickly customer service responded to my email, I'm a bit confused as to their response:

"Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to Moto Guzzi USA customer care department and for providing the vin.  After running the vin, we see this vehicle has not been affected by any recall.

Thank you,"

I certainly hope they are right and I have overlooked something.

3 hours ago, OuijiVeck said:

I'm 5'8"

That's about where I am too, and yes, I find the Le Mans fairing very effective.

Incidentally, also the one on the V35 Imola / V50 Monza. Doesn't look like much (apart from very pretty...) but works surprisingly well. I guess that is what you get from the factory having started playing with a wind tunnel in 1950. :)

Edited by audiomick

Yup ...that's what MG USA told me too. Non denial denial. Gotta go Piaggio. Have you investigated " less than factory quality" Sealant around joining surfaces?

30 minutes ago, OuijiVeck said:

Yup ...that's what MG USA told me too. Non denial denial. Gotta go Piaggio. Have you investigated " less than factory quality" Sealant around joining surfaces?

I used the customer care link at piaggio.com. Appears to be the same phone number as your earlier post. Maybe I'll try a phone call and ask for Steven E.

No goober quality sealant on mine, but seems that could vary from tech to tech.

image.png

After an agonizing conversation with the same guy who insisted there was no recall on my bike, he finally revealed that "the only claim filed was a flexible hose kit".  He was surprised to learn that "hose" was a transmission component and that, in fact, was the recall. Completed in 2007.

Much joy, at least on my end:drink:

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, OuijiVeck said:

YES !!! Another WIN. !!!

Yea...the "Flexable Hose " curve ball.

Congratulations. ! How many miles on it??

I've put about 1200 on it since I got it a few weeks ago, all the way up to 3200 total.

43 minutes ago, MotoKnee said:

I've put about 1200 on it since I got it a few weeks ago, all the way up to 3200 total.

It's Brand New....they're totally broken in at about 20kmi !! 😅😃 Shifting, might, seat. 

WIN !!

3 minutes ago, OuijiVeck said:

It's Brand New....they're totally broken in at about 20kmi !! 😅😃 Shifting, might, seat. 

WIN !!

MPG...not "might:

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, OuijiVeck said:

WIN !!

My same thought...still getting broken in. MPG is about 38 right now, don't know how much that improves, especially with air filter pods. Smoother shifting would be welcome, but I have an extender ordered also.  Diminished vibrations at the grips would be good, but the Grip Puppies I put on helped out there.

Overall, I couldn't be more pleased with how much I enjoy riding this thing.

• Like 3