Transmission recall service.

activpop

Have you performed a "Decent Tune-up?"

Proper valve adjustment and throttle body balance goes a long way toward damping unwanted vibration . . .

8 minutes ago, docc said:

I have used the lead shot method of damping vibration. Because of the constant abrasion and bi-metal corrosion, I would pack those pellets in a grease bath next time . . .Hey docc... there you are! Many thanks for all the help and hand holding. Phil has put me hip to checking motor mounts. Next thing on menu. Yes...greasy buck shot..will do.

Red Line for V Twins. (HDs?) IS what I ended up using due to mix up ...everything I researched looked like it'd be fine. It has become a non thought. Ride for an hr and think "hey..i havent thought at all about 3rd gear or shifting in general"...then pay attention leaving a stop sign..1st ..2nd ..3rd...nuthin'. Yayyyy..Looking fwd to first real ride next weekend. 800mi plus. Should shake out any remaining gremlins. I just got a cortisone injection in my hip...feeling like a 60yo kid ! 🤣

5 minutes ago, docc said:

Have you performed a "Decent Tune-up?"

Proper valve adjustment and throttle body balance goes a long way toward damping unwanted vibration . . .

I have not done ground up tunning.  General house keeping, bar swap, shift spring, Givi Addaption (I gotta do an article...big beautiful Givis on a V 11 !) Flat tire. It's pulling like a big dog, starts at tickover and idles right about 10-11...BUT I'm with you... a perfect / correct tune would / could make it smoother. The swanky billet aluminum grips ain't helping. They ARE pretty tho. 🤣

• Like 1

14 hours ago, docc said:

I have used the lead shot method of damping vibration. Because of the constant abrasion and bi-metal corrosion, I would pack those pellets in a grease bath next time . . .

I'd be worried about the grease leaking out. :huh2:

What about fabricating a "plug" out of shot pellets and epoxy resin? Either directly into the bar, if you are really commited, or in a mould so that it will just fit into the bar end.

Maybe a bit of plastic pipe from the hardware that just fits into the bar end. Fill that up with shot, and pour in the epoxy resin.

Edited by audiomick