V11 for sale online/ Craigslist and all others

chamberlin

18 minutes ago, activpop said:

Yes, that was the greenie there. He was asking that 13k for each of them, not both. I talked to him quite a bit while he was there. He offered to deliver them to my house if I bought them.  13k was a few hundred more than what he paid for them less than a year ago. I though he was a bit high on his asking price, so I declined. :blink:

And let me just say, if I misunderstood his pricing, that's my bad. But I think I heard him right. 

If you spoke in person, I'm sure you must be right. $13k seems optimistic, the $9000 he dropped to immediately after the rally is fairly significant.

7 hours ago, Joe said:

Docc looks stock but could it be a 2002 rear wheel installed on an 01?  :huh: Would it even fit? :unsure:

Yes, the 5.5" from the LongFrames will fit the earlier ShortFrames. I've just never seen or heard of a 5" "Racing" rim for the early Sports. None of the later bikes had silver rims like that, but a later 5.5" rim could have been color changed, of course.

7 hours ago, MotoKnee said:

If you spoke in person, I'm sure you must be right. $13k seems optimistic, the $9000 he dropped to immediately after the rally is fairly significant.

Yet, that $13,000 was for the pair of V11?  While the Greenie is priced $8,500US, by itself, now?

6 hours ago, docc said:

Yes, the 5.5" from the LongFrames will fit the earlier ShortFrames. I've just never seen or heard of a 5" "Racing" rim for the early Sports. None of the later bikes had silver rims like that, but a later rim could have been color changed, of course.

Yet, that $13,000 was for the pair of V11?  While the Greenie is priced $8,500US, by itself, now?

Activpop stated he wanted $13k each, and I agreed that must be correct. The seller then lowered the price to $9000 each.

??

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, docc said:

Yes, the 5.5" from the LongFrames will fit the earlier ShortFrames. I've just never seen or heard of a 5" "Racing" rim fro the early Sports. None of the later bikes had silver rims like that, but a later rim could have been color changed, of course.

3785 miles only? a 2001 Motorcycle? is this something you use as a display in your bedroom, so you can pretend before going to sleep?

It looks brand new on the photos...

• Like 1

He was asking 13k each at the rally. I never saw the ad for the reduced price of 9K for each. They were beautiful, but not priced for a quick sale. Lots of trailered miles on them now.

• Thanks 1

Sorry for the confusion Docc.  Here's the deal. I noticed the ebay ad a few days before the John Day rally. The ad read 2 V11s for sale, and a price of $13,000. No mention of $13k each. Hence the inference that $13k was for the pair, not just by me but also a friend that I sent the link to see if he wanted one. I guess we are both idiots.

I checked the ad immediately after the rally and the price had been dropped to $9000. I still assumed it was for the pair as there was still no mention of $9k each. This price was only up for a day or two, then the ad went away. I no longer cared because it was at this time I had found a Greenie locally.

It wasn't until Activpop mentioned he had spoken with the seller and the price was $13k each, that the $9k must have also been for each.

I only posted in the first place because in the original ad, he gave more history and details, including the extra wheel, and thought maybe someone else had seen it.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, MotoKnee said:

Sorry for the confusion Docc.  Here's the deal. I noticed the ebay ad a few days before the John Day rally. The ad read 2 V11s for sale, and a price of $13,000. No mention of $13k each. Hence the inference that $13k was for the pair, not just by me but also a friend that I sent the link to see if he wanted one. I guess we are both idiots.

I checked the ad immediately after the rally and the price had been dropped to $9000. I still assumed it was for the pair as there was still no mention of $9k each. This price was only up for a day or two, then the ad went away. I no longer cared because it was at this time I had found a Greenie locally.

It wasn't until Activpop mentioned he had spoken with the seller and the price was $13k each, that the $9k must have also been for each.

I only posted in the first place because in the original ad, he gave more history and details, including the extra wheel, and thought maybe someone else had seen it.

Thanks for the clarification. I also recall the Two-for-One sale pricing. Yet, the confusion is not ours.

Best regards to the seller of these nice V11. 

Caveat emptor , as always . . .