Andreani upgrades for V11 OEM Marzocchi forks

4 hours ago, Meinolf said:

Hi,

excellent discussion on the topic. Can anyone confirm if 105/G08E is the correct Andreani article number for the 40mm black Marzocchi forks on a 2001 V11?

Thanks
Meinolf

My understanding is the 105/G08E fits my 2002 LeMans.

I am not clear about fork sizes. Is someone here able to post a chart with year and model vs fork size?

• Like 1

From Andreani's notes, on my install:

This fork was on a 2003 Moto Guzzi V11.

Marzochi 40mm inverted. All measurements were the same as 105/G08e.

8 minutes ago, LaGrasta said:

From Andreani's notes, on my install:

This fork was on a 2003 Moto Guzzi V11.

Marzochi 40mm inverted. All measurements were the same as 105/G08e.

@LaGrasta, IIRC your 2003 V11 is a 2002 "carryover?" In such case, it has all the specifications of a 2002 including the forks. The later V11 forks are 43mm and the early 40mm Marzocchi (1999-2001) differ from the '02 40mm.

• Like 1

I am no expert, but as I understand it the original V11 sport (the 1999 - 2001 years that docc alludes to) came with 40mm forks that the upper tubes are silver. That is what the wife's V11 sport has. Those forks have very limited dampening stock but can be modified easily to add better dampening.

The next gen of V11 has 40mm forks with black upper tubes.

The third gen of V11 has 43mm forks.

Then there are the various V11 versions with Ohlins forks, but they aren't a factor in this.

The ones the Andreani cartridges work for are the second gen 40mm forks with black upper tubes.

In answer to the question @Meinolf asked, yes. The Andreani cartridges should fit a 2001 V11 with 40mm forks with black upper tubes. And that should be the part number for those forks. 105/G08E. That is probably the only set they sell that fits a V11, and that is the only version of forks on a V11 you can get an Andreani cartridge set for. As luck would have it.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, GuzziMoto said:

I am no expert, but as I understand it the original V11 sport (the 1999 - 2001 years that docc alludes to) came with 40mm forks that the upper tubes are silver. That is what the wife's V11 sport has. Those forks have very limited dampening stock but can be modified easily to add better dampening.

The next gen of V11 has 40mm forks with black upper tubes.

The third gen of V11 has 43mm forks.

Then there are the various V11 versions with Ohlins forks, but they aren't a factor in this.

The ones the Andreani cartridges work for are the second gen 40mm forks with black upper tubes.

In answer to the question @Meinolf asked, yes. The Andreani cartridges should fit a 2001 V11 with 40mm forks with black upper tubes. And that should be the part number for those forks. 105/G08E. That is probably the only set they sell that fits a V11, and that is the only version of forks on a V11 you can get an Andreani cartridge set for. As luck would have it.

It is notable that a 2001 Sport in Europe could be a Long Black Frame with the second generation black forks that fit these cartridges.

US 2001 Sport would be Short Red Frame with first gen silver forks and not compatible with the Andreani.

11 hours ago, Meinolf said:

Hi,

excellent discussion on the topic. Can anyone confirm if 105/G08E is the correct Andreani article number for the 40mm black Marzocchi forks on a 2001 V11?

Thanks
Meinolf

Black 40mm Marzocchi forks without a separate axle nut ( the axle threads into the l/h fork leg) then yes they will fit. They will not fit the early silver 40mm forks because the fork bracket is different internally and the later black 43mm forks because the fork cap thread pitch and Diameter is different.

Phil 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Gentlemen,

thanks for the numerous replies. A cartridge set is on its way, I'll post an update once the set is installed.

Cheers
Meinolf

• Like 4

I rode my V11 to work today, still not used to the Andreani cartridges; it feels so great! Combined with my new tires, I was taking freeway turns like Rossi!

Unfortunately, my speedo stopped working again! I'm so disappointed, since I went through the entire thing just months ago. Each part works fine independently, but when together, they don't.

It must not be seating , or it works itself apart internally. I actually have a NOS speedo on the shelf, but like I said, each part works when tested. Ideas?

Did this stop working or has it been bad for a LONG time ?  

Support the rear wheel .  When you are disconnecting things be sure there are no broken / missing parts. Remove the adapter from the gearbox and see if the output rotates when you rotate the rear wheel. Make sure this is a positive action by trying to stop it w/a screwdriver. If this works install the adapter and test the adapter to see if it is a positive engagement by trying to stop it w/the screwdriver. . If this works , install the speedo cable and test for positive movement at the top of the speedo cable .  Install the cable and test for speedo operation on the new head and the old head .. All connections have to be snug.  

Let us know what you find .

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just seeing this now, thank you. This just happened, after replacing my tires.

I'm traveling for work this week, but hopefully I can try your method next weekend.

Hi,

I was looking for installation instructions, the fork kit should arrive later today, and stumbled across this link https://www.omniaracing.net/en/andreani-misano-evo-adjustable-hydraulic-cartridges-for-moto-guzzi-v11-mans-20012006-p-43777.html.

There are 5 different files available for download, so there seem to be more fork variants. Confusing that all are intended for 105/G08E.

Cheers
Meinolf

1 hour ago, Meinolf said:

Hi,

I was looking for installation instructions, the fork kit should arrive later today, and stumbled across this link https://www.omniaracing.net/en/andreani-misano-evo-adjustable-hydraulic-cartridges-for-moto-guzzi-v11-mans-20012006-p-43777.html.

There are 5 different files available for download, so there seem to be more fork variants. Confusing that all are intended for 105/G08E.

Cheers
Meinolf

Andreani are full of shit. They still list their 105/G08E carts for 01-06 V11's. Italians are Italians after all. 

Phil 

• Like 1

On 5/30/2024 at 7:48 AM, Meinolf said:

Gentlemen, I'll post an update once the set is installed.

Hi,

this is going to be a quick one. A leaking fork seal in the left fork was the reason I started looking into the cartridge topic in the first place. I ordered the cartridge from an Italien dealership last Friday and today, 4 days later they arrived.

Getting the fork seal out proved the biggest challenge in the whole enterprise, the spring ring to secure the fork seal used is a nightmare to get out. Finally I ground a small groove into the material and got the leverage needed. What a crazy spring ring selection, looks like a custom made part only for Guzzi.

The Andreani kit installation was totally straightforward. Remove the original cartridge, install the new cartridge, fill oil up to specified level and done.

I took a quick spin and the fork forked :-) Not optimal yet, but it felt less bumpy than the OEM. During the next days I'll adjust the settings and see if the investment was worthwhile.

Cheers
Meinolf

• Like 4