6 hours ago, GuzziMoto said:

Gresini seems like one of the possible options to run Yamahas.

Yet, I thought only Gresini had a contract running until the end of 2025 with Ducati?!

From what I understood, Pramac contract ends on 2024, with an option to continue in 2025. VR46 is said to have declined changing machinery.

Since Lin Jarvis affirmed there will be four M1 in 2025, I guess you are correct, it is got to be Gresini, most likely with 2 2025 spec'ed M1.

14 hours ago, p6x said:

Yet, I thought only Gresini had a contract running until the end of 2025 with Ducati?!

From what I understood, Pramac contract ends on 2024, with an option to continue in 2025. VR46 is said to have declined changing machinery.

Since Lin Jarvis affirmed there will be four M1 in 2025, I guess you are correct, it is got to be Gresini, most likely with 2 2025 spec'ed M1.

Supposedly Yamaha is going to buy into Gresini. That change of ownership will supposedly make the current Ducati contract null and void. That would mean Gresini gets a large chunk of money in exchange for giving up being an independent team. Yamaha will be controlling the team, or at least controlling enough to make them able to walk away from Ducati. I don't see why Gresini would do that, they are sitting pretty right now. And poor Alex Marquez, he would likely go from having one of the best bikes on the grid to one of the worst. Marc would be free to go elsewhere, but Alex is apparently tied to Gresini for another year. So if they bail on Ducati and sell out to Yamaha he apparently would go with them to Yamaha. And even if he was able to opt out, where would he go? If Gresini goes to Yamaha that is two fewer desirable seats on the grid.

49 minutes ago, GuzziMoto said:

Alex is apparently tied to Gresini for another year

Wouldn't a change of ownership automatically void a contract signed with a different entity? I think it would. In any case, I do not see what Alex Marquez could do differently. His brother is currently shadowing him, which is unfortunate.

1 hour ago, p6x said:

Wouldn't a change of ownership automatically void a contract signed with a different entity? I think it would. In any case, I do not see what Alex Marquez could do differently. His brother is currently shadowing him, which is unfortunate.

I don't know if Alex's contract has a clause in it that would void it over a change of ownership. But I have read that Gresini's contract with Ducati has such a clause. I do not think that all contracts would have such a clause, and without such a clause someone buying into something generally is also buying into whatever contracts they have in place. Of course, I am no contract lawyer.

As mentioned, even if Alex could get out of riding a Yamaha, where would he go. Clearly Marc would have / does have options, but Alex probably not. Alex would likely end up riding for Gresini on a Yamaha if that is what happens. Alex is not horrible, but he is not so good that teams would be fighting over him. He will likely have to take what he gets.

1 hour ago, GuzziMoto said:

I don't know if Alex's contract has a clause in it that would void it over a change of ownership. But I have read that Gresini's contract with Ducati has such a clause. I do not think that all contracts would have such a clause, and without such a clause someone buying into something generally is also buying into whatever contracts they have in place. Of course, I am no contract lawyer.

As mentioned, even if Alex could get out of riding a Yamaha, where would he go. Clearly Marc would have / does have options, but Alex probably not. Alex would likely end up riding for Gresini on a Yamaha if that is what happens. Alex is not horrible, but he is not so good that teams would be fighting over him. He will likely have to take what he gets.

If you take a look at crash.net, Nadia Padovani has officially ruled out that her team could join Yamaha next year. Furthermore, she said that she hopes to be able to stay with Ducati when the present contract is up for renewal.

Pramac's team manager says he is in no hurry to confirm what they will do until the option to remain with Ducati time out, end of July 2024.

So Lin Jarvis' affirmation that Yamaha will have four M1s on the grid in 2025 seems to be a little presumptuous at this point in time.

46 minutes ago, p6x said:

If you take a look at crash.net, Nadia Padovani has officially ruled out that her team could join Yamaha next year. Furthermore, she said that she hopes to be able to stay with Ducati when the present contract is up for renewal.

Pramac's team manager says he is in no hurry to confirm what they will do until the option to remain with Ducati time out, end of July 2024.

So Lin Jarvis' affirmation that Yamaha will have four M1s on the grid in 2025 seems to be a little presumptuous at this point in time.

I would agree, I find it hard to believe that Gresini would jump to Yamaha. But Jarvis seems sure they will have four bikes on the grid next year. And speculation says that Gresini is the most likely option. Personally I would think LCR was the most likely option to change manufacturers, but I would expect LCR to go to KTM, not Yamaha. In the end, time will tell. It could be that Yamaha made some sort of backroom deal with Dorna to get a new team, boy that would piss KTM off. Or it could be Jarvis was wrong, that there will only be two Yamahas on the grid next year. We will see....

I was reading a statement from one of the main deciders of the new owners of MotoGP; the obvious intention is to strip down those European countries with more than one GP, to redistribute them to countries that do not currently have one.

The intention is to keep 22 GP in total, but Spain with its 4 GPs and Italy with its 2 would go to host a single event per season.

The new target would be South America, and of course, a second GP in the US, because as we know, charity begins at home... it was never by chance that Dorna privileged Spain.

The usual suspects up front on Friday in France. Vinales looking pretty good, Both Marquez's having to go to Q1. Same for Binder. And Binder hit the ground a few times. Acosta still impressive. I know practice doesn't pay points, but Acosta is really shaking things up. To me he is a bigger player on the rider market them Marc. If I were a team I would rather sign Acosta. He clearly has a bright future. Marc is on the downslope, still some left in the tank but the tank is more empty then full.

Not sure about dropping the classic races in favor of new markets, but when you are chasing the money that is what you do. It will be nice to see MotoGP loose the Spanish favoritism.

4 hours ago, GuzziMoto said:

If I were a team I would rather sign Acosta.

KTM has taken care of it already. They have secured his services for many years to come.

Binder is obviously under pressure, and when you are under pressure, you make mistakes.

I still see Bagnaia and Martin favorites for the sprint and race.

Marc Marquez is doing what he said he would avoid, taking risks too early. There is the illusory ride in the Ducati factory next year, and he absolutely wants it; needs it. I am pretty certain he is going to come out of Q1. He has not got much time, as Dall Igna said the rider next to Bagnaia will be announced at the Mugello.

18 hours ago, GuzziMoto said:

Vinales looking pretty good

I have to agree with you, third behind the untouchables, this is indeed a performance.

What is surprising is Binder's relegation to the bottom of the pack. I could not find anything about it written. I did not understand what Pedro Acosta was hinting on when he said communication with the other riders is difficult. Of course, it is difficult, given that he has dimensioned the entire of KTM since the beginning of the season.

After the Sprint race, I am puzzled with BB... it seems there is only one KTM rider now, and it is named GasGas. By the way, there are a lot of GasGas motorcycles here, but not that many KTM.

Even if I don't particularly appreciate MM93, I must say that starting from 13th on the grid, to end up on the rostrum is impressive.

Especially his first lap. He showed everybody how determinate he remains. Maybe someone else would have played it safe; Marquez went on with its make-or-break time.

I am not certain he will be able to achieve that same outcome tomorrow, but I would not put it past him either.

Jorge Martin stated that he would understand Ducati if they were putting Marquez in the factory team, even if Martin ultimately wins the world championship.

Real fun to watch impressive riding at the start  :rasta:.

Cheers Tom.