Potential Guzzi buyer

Guest ben

Hello, I have always admired Moto Guzzi motorcycles. After a long search I have recently come across a beautiful champagne colored 2002 LeMans with only 1800 miles on it. The only thing holding me back are the quality control issues that I have read about in this forum. Is the 2002 LeMans a poor choice compared to newer models? I would appreciate any feedback or advice on this matter.

Thanks, Ben

Guest Brian Robson

You might be lucky or unlucky. Some people have had various troubles, these are usually early on and can be resolved with some help from this site and a good dealer BUT check out the engine paint as this can blister and there may or may not be warranty relief depending where you live (US/Canada fine, rest of world not so fine).

I have a 2002 LeMans and love the bike

Guest ramon61

I had the same concern, but I thought the red Ballabio I coveted was the most beautiful thing on two wheels. So I bought it. Based on the admiring comments I get when I park somewhere, lots of other people think so too. The one thing the bike needs is a deeper breathing exhaust system. I'm putting on factory ti exhausts this summer.

Buy the bike if you have a local dealer you like.

Guest rrbasso

Hi well if you fall in love with the bike buy it, yes there are some Quirks but its a motorcycle and all the bikes iv owned all have had quirks except the BMWs ive owned, they just felt soulless to me.With this fourm and a good dealer close buy you should be fine, unless you dont want to tinker on your bike at all.

Tony :helmet:

hi everybody

thank you for the prompt respones!

I'm glad I found this forum, it has been

very helpful.

thanks again,

Ben

Ben, buy it...you'll be quite happy with it even if you have to tinker a bit. :luigi: k

Guest GGuzzi
don't do it!!! buy the honda shadow, they give you a rebate for crap...or some such crap.

i hate my sport!!

:blink:

Yeah but you like taco. Goes well with a cheesy honda. And the shadow no less. The imitation Harley. I never understand .... Why not just bite the bullet save a little more and go Harley... Shadow??? Peeuuuuu!!!!!