Polished Gas Cap

F344

I had a friend that is a metal sculptor and artist polish gas cap on my V11.

If you want yours done, you can contact him at:

enzometalmania@sbcglobal.net

Guest Brian Robson

No offence, but one picture was enough. Its a polished gas cap :lol::lol:

Once I get the PC, its my next performance mod :D

Guest robbrugg

Uh - I have to disagree with deleting/limiting pictures. If someone has a dial up (it's time to upgrade anyway), they can still read text and move on if they don't wish to wait for pictures to load. I feel that more is better!

Guest bshpilot

maybe some cant necessarily afford a faster connection or even worse

some might be geographically incapable of getting a faster <than dialup>

connection.

another mile down the road and i wouldnt have access to cable modem

OR ISDN/DSL

not to mention i travel on business alot and not EVERY hotel has fast

net connections.

if you must post pics be considerate about it i say....and sometimes

i forget too....

It's hard to tell from the photos, but did your friend leave the recessed center the original silver painted color?

I ask, because in a round-about way, I'm curious if he was able to get lid off of it's hinged base on the ring. I couldn't.

I have two lids, and was going to disassemble one to get it coated another color, but then realized it was nearly "impossible" to get the pin out of the hinge to separate the two parts <_>

...or maybe I just didn't know the right method :huh2:

Anyway, from the photos, it looks like your friend just put the top surfaces of the lid on a buffer, as opposed to polishing every nook and cranny?? ...leading me to believe he/you didn't find a way to take the hinge on the lid, or key flap, apart either. Am I correct?

al

You’re right; he just polished the outer area. We took the cap off the bike and didn't even consider separating the lid from the ring. Same thing with the key flap, if you drilled into the closed end of the flap pin boss I bet you could tap it out with a pin. But I'm not sure how the mechanism that holds it open and closed works, and I'd be worried about the flap flopping around.

The outer surface gave a clear break point to stop polishing. If we went inside, it looked harder to define the right place to stop. It was kind of a hassle to get this surface smooth. He had to take off quite a bit of metal and it took about 3 times as long as we thought it would, and he has a professional buffing wheel. If I had been paying him for his time I bet it would have cost $100. Lucky for me, I work on his computer, and he works on my bike. IF he has more computer problems, I’ll get the bracket over the rear master cylinder polished too. Thank you Microsoft!

P.S. Regarding the deleted photos debate, you guys aren't missing anything. They really were redundant. I don't know what I was thinking when I posted them in the first place. :bike:

Guest Brian Robson

Geographically I am able to have a fast internet connection and indeed the pictures were lovely and large. I just thought it was a gas cap, a polished one, but in the end just a gas cap -_--_-

• 3 weeks later...