Twentieth (XX!) South'n Spine Raid 2024

Admin Jaap

38 minutes ago, docc said:

I figured we were doing brands like the Real Men at John Day.  I'll be in line right behind @80CX100 . . .:whistle:

Best I could find, but gonna need to step up twice . . .

letter-x-steak-branding-iron__22760__697

docc ..You told me the one I had to get to come LAST year was the same as yours and Bills!:huh2:

• Haha 3

Officially eight weeks to SSR XX.

Even if you're on the metric system! :nerd:  :grin:  :sun:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

AJ -- in pic, below -- talked me into doing this only two weeks after the SSR XX: Moto Guzzi Tour of Corsica & Sardinia

A moto-touring veteran of various companies, AJ did a Balkan event last year in order to get a "serious" demo of the V100.  Ended up so impressed by the V85 instead, he bought one!

His, mine, and Stave Nicholas had three Guardia d'Onores at the mutton and fried cheese curds run.  :mg:

i-gW2sKvk-L.jpg

Two of those will be at SSR XX. :race:

Bill

Edited by Bill Hagan
GIGO. Poster stupidity.
  • Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

A sure sign of an impending SpineRaid: the Stucchi flyscreen gets mounted to the Sport to shield the Speedhut gauges.  Call that done.

Shakedown ride with my trusted Cohorters and Hobknobbers next Saturday ("BikeWash") before a fresh front tire. And to ponder whether to risk the rear . . .  :blink:

Flaunting Waddington. :luigi:  :glare: :whistle:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Install the new front tire BEFORE you take a high speed spin around these country roads thinking your steering head bearings are stuck (it smoothed out from 50-90) only to get home and look at your Fred Flintstone front tire and realize the belt is gone ! 

Yeah, I don't want to be "that guy" (again).

New tires are on deck. :thumbsup:

• Like 3

A "cut&paste" from 2022, with the dates changed to protect the innocent. :huh: ;) :sun:

____________________________________________________________________________________

Let's get some housekeeping out of the way so we can have some fun . . .

Weekend after US Labor Day

(Sept. 6-8, 2024)

Tellico Plains ,TN, USA

>  Get There. Bring Tools.  <

:luigi::race:

While many SpineRiders stay at The Lodge at Tellico, there are other places to stay or camp. It is far better to perform TechSessions in the garage at The Lodge rather than a pull-off on the Cherohala or some remote motorcycle shop down in Georgia. Prep well. "Bring Tools" . . . :luigi:

There is the whole "non-event", and "this ain't the rally you thought you were getting a T-shirt for" thing . . .

"It's just an idea" 

:nerd:

To wit:

This is not a rally, event, or function of V11LeMans.com. It is an idea about riding, or meeting interested people. It is an idea only.

There is no plan, no registration, no stickers, T-shirts, merchandise, door prizes, meals, poker runs, routes, organization, or support.

Just discussion and sharing.

There is no affiliation or responsibility, expressed or implied, with or by V11Lemans.com, its owner(s), Administrators, moderators, members, pets, pocket mice, or any other entity.

If being at The US Appalachian Divide in September feels like a good idea to you, look forward to sharing ideas.

The idea of ideas has been around for a while. I do love George Bernard Shaw's take:

"If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples,

then you and I will still each have one apple.

But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas,

then each of us will have two ideas." 

• Like 3

My Sport has new shoes.  I went cheap and tried Kinkos.  Self mounted for the first time.  Took a lot of weight to balance.  They'll do....

• Like 2

On 7/28/2024 at 7:37 PM, docc said:

Yeah, I don't want to be "that guy" (again).

New tires are on deck. :thumbsup:

What did you get ?

19 minutes ago, Speedfrog said:

:thumbsup:

Standard or GT?

Good question @Speedfrog!

I prefer the GT for the bit of extra mileage I get and especially how much wear is left once the tire first looks like it will need changed. This attribute is one reason I particularly like the Bridgestone over all the Pirelli. Seems at he point the Pirelli first looked impending, I had better get straight home! The Pirelli all seemed to go away quickly at the end.

This current set to be mounted are "standard" as the front was not available to me in GT at the time of purchase. I also learned the GT is not made in the 160/60x17 that I prefer on my short RedFrame.

This will be my sixth set of Bridgestone Battlax T3x on my Sport

• Like 1

I'm currently running T31 Standard on the V11 and just got a set of T32 GT to be mounted on the Griso.

Good tires! Amongst the cheapest of all the premium brands, especially when taking advantage of their summer promo rebates . . . (Guzzi content) :grin:

• Like 2

Just now, Speedfrog said:

I'm currently running T31 Standard on the V11 and just got a set of T32 GT to be mounted on the Griso.

Good tires! Amongst the cheapest of all the premium brands, especially when taking advantage of their summer promo rebates . . . (Guzzi content) :grin:

@Josh told me about the rebate. I never knew about that before.

Coincidentally, the rebate was exactly my winning bid on the pair of bench vises from the Dr. John Wittner estate auction. Money well exchanged! :sun:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I purchased a set of Dunlop Road Sports for the Duc for $225.  No 170 available however.  The handle smartly, took a could tankfuls to break in.