Twentieth (XX!) South'n Spine Raid 2024

Admin Jaap

4 hours ago, gstallons said:

I think the proper color is Maize .

Opps,  I stand corrected .  Still, it looks Yeller.

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Skip said:

Opps,  I stand corrected .  Still, it looks Yeller.

It seems the proper term is " giallo " . . . :mg:

(pronounced: JAHL-oh )

brochure_daytona_rs_-_sport_1100_page_05

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

On 9/12/2024 at 7:27 PM, docc said:

This fine fellow brought an iceboat-load of enthusiasm to share. :sun:

Watching for him to check in after his long drive home . . .

IMG_3265.jpg

IMG_3200.jpg

Just realized I needed to acknowledge @Skip's excellent tune on my throttle bodies.  She purred like a big kitten on the way home.  Thanks , man!

• Like 6

Yes, finally.  

My pix of SSR XX.

Lots of reasons for my tardiness in gathering, culling, and adding captions, including general sloth and lethargy.  

These are, if not quite ready for prime time, they are probably "good enough."  :wacko:

Even if barely that, consider that I started with 452, and deleted 300+.  In other words, could have been worse.  :grin:

As usual with my pix, opens in “collage landscape,” and you can hover your cursor over the individual to see the captions, but those are easier to read in slideshow format.  

Bill
Edited by Bill Hagan
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3

12 minutes ago, Bill Hagan said:

Yes, finally.  

My pix of SSR XX.

Lots of reasons for my tardiness in gathering, culling, and adding captions, including general sloth and lethargy.  

These are, if not quite ready for prime time, they are probably "good enough."  :wacko:

Even if barely that, consider that I started with 452, and deleted 300+.  In other words, could have been worse.  :grin:

As usual with my pix, opens in “collage landscape,” and you can hover your cursor over the individual to see the captions, but those are easier to read in slideshow format.  

Bill

Loved the short videos , Bill.👍

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, footgoose said:

I figured you were with McGregor and Boorman taking the long way home. :race:

Brilliant travelogue as usual Bill.

I kept looking down the road for this @footgoose cat to roll in . . .

IMG_9627.jpg

• Like 3

XX plans were scrubbed due to my good friend and riding brother having lost a gallant battle with lymphoma just a few weeks out from the weekend. He loved the time we spent at the spine raids, and thoroughly enjoyed the bourbon and chatter at the evening doings. He was looking forward to bringing his new bike, a KTM 790 Duke. Some of you will know him as the not-a-guzzi-yet guy that brought a different bike every time.

Bill Warrick, on the left

i-cfX54cM-4K.jpg

• Sad 6

14 hours ago, Bill Hagan said:

Yes, finally.  

My pix of SSR XX.

Bill

You always do a fine job of recording the activities for posterity Bill, Thank you.

I'm really not as Grumpy as I look..ha ha.

Always good to see Kathy there as well to tone down the testosterone level and add a touch of class!!

• Like 2