Motorcycle Grand Tour of Texas, 2024 edition

p6x

10 hours ago, activpop said:

Six months for what?

I will tell you the detail when I get the invoice today;

To recap:

-I purchased the bike in February 2024; I rode it from Arizona to here.

-I got the State Inspection done right away, did the Texas registration.

-I drove the bike to MPH Houston; the intention was to have a complete inspection and evaluation. I did the same with my V11 once it got here from Florida.

Every time I gave away my motorcycle to MPH, it took no less than six weeks to get it back. Hence, one of the reason to have minimum two.

I do not know why the output is so low, but I suspect I am not high on the priority list. Every time I go there to check, Davey is working on those vintage BMW. I actually see many more BMW than MGs. The Quota was promised to me for the beginning of July, but Davey went on vacation.

Given that MPH is about the only shop that accepts to work on older motorcycles (except for Japanese), I am not going to make a big deal out of it. Life taught me to be patient. My V11 filled the void, and I cannot ride two bikes at once. I only use MPH for the major work. The one that requires equipment I do not have, and I also need to take into consideration that my garage is more a sauna than a place where a mechanic can accomplish great work. I do the routine maintenance, the one that I can complete quickly.

I have been toying with the idea to sell my 911, and install a proper lift table, air supply, work bench... but this would not suffice; I need a full-blown AC to be able to do anything. It is not even a problem of being uncomfortable, but it is physically impossible. I perspire so much that my glasses fall off my nose each time I look down.

• Like 1