Shift Problems

LowRyter

3 hours ago, LowRyter said:

Looks bad.  Bearing cage broke up.  That's the crap in the bottom of the case.  I suppose a rebuild, it would make sense to replace all the cages? 

I've got photos but it's just broken pieces and the broken pin.  I don't know about getting the parts or anything else.  As busted as it is, surprising that it rode as good as it did. 

Yep same logic we use investigating an air crash. Just bits of busted aeroplane nothing to see here:lol:

:nopic:

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Lucky Phil said:

Yep same logic we use investigating an air crash. Just bits of busted aeroplane nothing to see here:lol:

:nopic:

I'm not laughing and too depressed to show the photos.  

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, LowRyter said:

I'm not laughing and too depressed to show the photos.  

We're here to cheer ya up, buddy . . . :mg:  :bier:  :drink:

• Like 3

Sounds like a warranty issue to me. Want The Kid's phone number? Oh, never mind.. He and Nora are on vacation. :luigi: Hell, it's just a machine. Fix it or have it fixed. They aren't making any more of them.

Hope your sweetie's ok..and all the best to you, too, John.

• Like 1

Chuck, no complaints here.  Bev has been slowly getting better with her knee replacement but it hasn't been easy.  So far as recalls, Don's shop is a dealer, and he's supposed to check.

So far as the bike?  I was talking to top mechanic Doug (I screwed my Ducati, another story).  He told me I was lucky to have killed the bike and brought it because it would've killed me.  He said the gearbox could easily have come apart and locked up at speed.  Gulp.

Besides the bearings, the deal with the pins is another kettle of fish.  Apparently Guzzi had changed out the access door on my bike and the newer door has pins machined in.  Besides the broken one, the one on the bottom is leaking.  They're going to make threaded pins, use some adhesive to keep them in place and silicone the other one.

In regard to my Duc.  I was riding it and the ABS light comes on.  I see that the bolt holding the sensor had fallen out.  I'm on the floor in the dark garage and find a longer bolt in my stash.  I didn't realize the receiver was open ended, I bent the ABS ring tightening the bolt.  Somehow, I also hurt my knee and lower leg getting up and down on the garage floor, been taking muscle relaxers about 50% better.

Then the Doc office called just now from my appointment last week and wants to pile on more old guy's meds.  I'm tired of that quack.  New pills on top of old pills that didn't work?

Heck of a last few days.  OK, if you have an early red frame, watch your gearbox.  Don't work in a dark garage.  Don't be a dumbass like me.  

BLLLLEEEEEHHH

• Like 2