Pannier options for H&B complete rack

FreyZI

One of the reasons I bought Bubbles-the-parts-bike is that she came with the H&B complete rack and a set of H&B Junior 30 side cases.  Turned out those cases had absorbed one or more low-sides, had significant dents were missing their "special" waterproof seal, \ and the locking hardware had seen better days.  Initially, I thought I might be able to make them serviceable, but I highly doubt it.  As far as security goes, I can't imagine it would take more than a couple seconds and a knife or screwdriver to get into them.  I can't imagine spending $500-600 to replace with new Junior 30s or Junior 40.  Seeeew, has anyone had good luck combining any other hard side cases with the H&B rack? 

I have imagined using Pelican or Apache cases, inexpensive aluminum cases (i.e., Tusk V2 large), and simply adding some mounting hardware (to include a bottom rail and some u-bolts on top with acorn nuts inside,

or cutting out the mounting parts of the existing shot Junior 30 and attaching those to something else.

I know the H&B Explorer line should work with the complete rack, but I'm trying to keep cost to an absolute minimum.

Welcome advice.

Cheers,

Frey