Seepage between cylinder head and head; both sides. It was the oil lines behind the heads lubricating the rocker arms. (photos added)

p6x

Both fittings were loose, each side. I replaced the copper washers and used Loctite frein filet faible to reinstall. The hydraulic flexibles were properly tightened.

That should do it.

Loose fitting left side Loose fitting right side

Edited by p6x
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, gstallons said:

If the fittings were loose , this should TCB . Where did you apply this Loctite "stuff" ?

The threads on the fitting. It is just to prevent it to come undone from the vibrations, and not meant to be a seal. I used the "weak" one, so it can be removed if it needed to be.

The bike is 20 years old now, I don't think these fittings were ever touched before.

I have been riding the V11 extensively those past three years. When I got the bike in 2021, it had only 8,800 miles. It now has 35,000 miles.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, gstallons said:

DIN is a  European hose connection .  IDK enough about DIN fittings to explain them.

German, actually. Look here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deutsches_Institut_für_Normung

Pertinant is this

There are around thirty thousand DIN Standards

There is a DIN standard for everything, it seems. And it seems that the DIN standard has been taken over as a European standard for nearly everything. A4 Paper, for instance, is a DIN standard.

The annoying thing is, although it is a "non-profit organisation", if you go looking for a DIN standard in the Interweb, all you ever find is a site where you can buy a copy of the DIN standard for a price that cannot be considered cheap. :huh:

Edited by audiomick
  • Like 1

Everything I post is from memory. I merely said IDK enough to explain them . I know what DIN stands for . It is German and it is similar to our JIC ( Joint Industry Council) and SAE (Society of American Engineers ) . I am not familiar enough to recognize & explain the fittings. 

Also , Loctite "purple" would have told me all I needed to know. 

Edited by gstallons
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, p6x said:

The threads on the fitting. It is just to prevent it to come undone from the vibrations, and not meant to be a seal. I used the "weak" one, so it can be removed if it needed to be.

The bike is 20 years old now, I don't think these fittings were ever touched before.

I have been riding the V11 extensively those past three years. When I got the bike in 2021, it had only 8,800 miles. It now has 35,000 miles.

With rebuilt heads on my1100 Sport, everything was tightened up regarding those oils lines. First testride, 4km, WHAT, left boot covered in oil. Something with the Orings?, no had to loosen up the fitting and retighting. A little conical fitting. What a mess in 4km, nothing wrong with oil pressure. What small things can do to make you happy. 
Cheers Tom.

• Like 1