On 6/2/2024 at 1:48 AM, Guzzi-in-Vancouver said:

... a policy of deliberate population replacement

Mate, you have got a hold of the wrong end of the stick.

There is no policy of "population replacement".

What there is, is lots of countries where the people are having a really hard time, harder than we can imagine, and a few countries (i.e. where we live) where life is good.

Any wonder people are trying to get from the bad places to the good places.

If you can't see that, you need to get out more. :huh2:

• Like 3

Thanks @audiomick and @footgoose I feel much better now.

I think I should probably keep having my medications as I’m prone to ranting otherwise!

My friend and Guzzi expert explained it to me last night over radlers… it’s not that there’s a conspiracy to create all these ‘bad outcomes’ but rather there’s unconnected movements or phenomena that create interference waves with each other. 

In seeking for an explanation of the resultant phenomena we are tempted to believe in an overarching cause. Positing an Illuminati is no different than searching for a Deity to be the final explanation for the world we see. But the search for final solutions is fraught with ruinous outcomes too. 

Still, it does feel like we are living in the end-times… but I tell myself that’s probably just a function of age, we all remember fondly the world of our youth and how things were perfect then… especially cars & motorcycles!

19 minutes ago, Steve S said:

I’m in the UK and I’m going to France on Sunday with 3 mates in our sixties on a 20 year old Ballabio, doing it while we can 

I'll be around the Malverns (Ledbury down to Bath) in August! Was thinking of Cornwall on a motorbike but sadly I am with my family and am the default chauffeur.