12 minutes ago, Pressureangle said:

Hope this link works- bought this one for to carry on the Himalayan. Used it to pump up both tires after making new, pleasantly surprised at the speed and volume. Both tires from flat didn't use a third of the battery. Also can use as a battery pack for your phone, etc.

https://www.amazon.com/Airmoto-Tire-Inflator-Air-Compressor/dp/B094DMH7ZM?pd_rd_w=6eqO3&content-id=amzn1.sym.b46c8fe2-d558-44b6-a291-82096c829da9&pf_rd_p=b46c8fe2-d558-44b6-a291-82096c829da9&pf_rd_r=MSHTGQ06R0979TDTF2B6&pd_rd_wg=Jv8si&pd_rd_r=ddf2d170-372b-4533-8338-211ce6419cd8&pd_rd_i=B094DMH7ZM&ref_=pd_bap_d_grid_rp_0_40_nped_pr_t&th=1

That looks really good E. Your review makes it even better.

A brief look over at Thumper Talk shows a lot of fans of the Slime pumps

I have the exact same "Slime" brand pump as in Docc's photo. It has served me well, and it takes power from the same plug where I connect a battery tender. I take the pump in a backpack on dirt bike, then nobody else in the group has to carry a pump. But they have to carry something else that nobody else does... The Slime unit takes a little assembly each time if you want to keep it in it's case. Takes a minute, but worth it to not be pumping by hand when you are trying to seat a rear tire bead in the woods, and it's getting dark, and it looks like it might snow, and you're already tired and out of water... geez, I remember that day too clearly. FWIW - we couldn't set the bead with the hand pump, so we just mounted the wheel and hit some bumps strategically until it seated it's damn self.

The newer, rechargeable ones look nice too. Reliability, size, weight, and convenience would be my priorities (in that order).

I've been looking at a beefier one that can handle re-inflating 4 big tires on my Bronco after airing down for off-road.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000X9B32M/?coliid=I1RNPE5WCC7WX4&colid=1ESYMD7D6SJCQ&psc=1&ref_=list_c_wl_lv_ov_lig_dp_it

• Like 3

I bought the one @Pressureangle suggested and just tested it. Here's why it's better than the Slime unit...

Smaller, easier to assemble/use, I haven't weighed, but I think it is lighter. It's small enough that I would take it on a mountain bike instead of a hand pump.

And the BEST part: You can set the desired pressure and it will stop pumping when it reaches that pressure. It also has a deflate function so you can air down to a desired pressure, which is convenient if your ride a dual-sport to the trail and want to air down for the single-track.)

And for you dirt bikers who use the Tubliss system - it will go up to 120 PSI for the inner tube, and under 10 PSI for the tire. This is super key for multi-day trips, as it is important to keep that inner bladder pressure high (360-degree Rim-Lock).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I just ordered @Pressureanglesuggested unit at 9:30 PT, on sale and should be here tomorrow between 4 and 8 AM. Somebody is working this holiday. I can't believe the turnaround time. Thanks to the best group of guys anywhere!

• Like 1
Just now, activpop said:

Geez, came 5:30 this morning, eight hours after ordering. IDK how they do it. 

I discovered while exploring El Paso ( a very small city) that Amazon has at least 6 local warehouses on the West side only, guessing maybe 150k people.

• Like 1
On 5/25/2024 at 4:26 PM, Scud said:

I have the exact same "Slime" brand pump as in Docc's photo. It has served me well, and it takes power from the same plug where I connect a battery tender. I take the pump in a backpack on dirt bike, then nobody else in the group has to carry a pump. But they have to carry something else that nobody else does... The Slime unit takes a little assembly each time if you want to keep it in it's case. Takes a minute, but worth it to not be pumping by hand when you are trying to seat a rear tire bead in the woods, and it's getting dark, and it looks like it might snow, and you're already tired and out of water... geez, I remember that day too clearly. FWIW - we couldn't set the bead with the hand pump, so we just mounted the wheel and hit some bumps strategically until it seated it's damn self.

The newer, rechargeable ones look nice too. Reliability, size, weight, and convenience would be my priorities (in that order).

I've been looking at a beefier one that can handle re-inflating 4 big tires on my Bronco after airing down for off-road.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000X9B32M/?coliid=I1RNPE5WCC7WX4&colid=1ESYMD7D6SJCQ&psc=1&ref_=list_c_wl_lv_ov_lig_dp_it

You will be pleased with the Viair...I've had almost 19 years of faithful service from the one I bought back in Nov 2005 when I got the first Land Rover...the only thing I added to it was a higher quality inflator that attaches to the airhose, will have to take a pic/share the brand.    The air compressor is excellent, can easily air up from quite low 4 large tires, it will get hot, but never fails.

• Like 1

I also bought the @Pressureangle suggested air filler;

Here's my wants:

The filler retains the last dialed pressure for the chosen mode; it would have been great if you could toggle between two pressures, because motorcycles have two distinct pressures between front and back. My 911 too.

It is not a big bother to dial the various pressures. However, I am certain it would not take much to have that feature added.

The four ways pad seem to require multiple repeat presses to increase or decrease the pressure.

I am quite impressed with AirMoto tire inflator recommended  by @Pressureangle. So easy to check and fill up anything I have here. No plugging in the small compressor and waiting anymore!

• Like 3