BAD STUMBLE OFF IDLE UNDER LOAD

My "best" infancy failure: I was working for an Outside Broadcast company at a motor race (cars) event at the Phillip Island track, the same one that the bikes run on.

A colleague and I were sent out to change the 9V block battery in the microphone pre-amp on a mic around the other side of the circuit. Maybe 1.5  or 2 km from the O.B. truck. We drove around to the mic, changed the battery, confirmed via Walky-Talky with the truck that it was working, and headed back. We hadn't driven more than about 500 metres on the way back when the truck called us up and sent us back to change the battery again. It was dead, less than 5 minutes after we took it out of the packaging. :huh2:

• Like 1

Well , I would think a part being advertised as "nuclear powerplant quality" would be a little better than 50% successful. Maybe they could use them on submarines or aircraft ?

We had a cheapskate purchasing agent that purchased EVERYTHING from eBay , Amazon , Temu , etc. Everything we installed blew up , failed . etc. We got the blame for improper installation . HMMMMMM

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Thinking more about @thumper's stumble, it seems GuzziDiag is a great way to watch sensor values as the bike warms up. It would be telling if one of the sensor outputs suddenly goes open at operating temperature . . .

• Like 5

On 5/29/2024 at 9:25 AM, docc said:

Thinking more about @thumper's stumble, it seems GuzziDiag is a great way to watch sensor values as the bike warms up. It would be telling if one of the sensor outputs suddenly goes open at operating temperature . . .

This would show something, surely. It's not impossible that there's a wiring fault in the harness somewhere, let's say for instance the sensor return-to-ecu wire is grounded; since the ecu is looking for input and output to compare, if the return is grounded it sees output with zero return input, which might be interpreted as below zero temps or something. This is a search and destroy diagnosis, and software visibility would surely save a lot of fingerwork. 

• Like 2

Hey buddy

I have a v11 cafe sport

Had the exact same issue you describe.

Did the full tune... still had an issue... same as you, just started happening.

I had an exhaust leak at the crossover pipe just in front of the timing cover.

Replaced my headers with non-crossover type, problem GONE.

Not saying it is the crossover, but a small exhaust leak reaked havoc with my bike.

• Like 4

It may be worth considering .  The fact thumper said it started this problem immediately , is to be considered too . There has to be deliberate diagnosis and making sure you have checked and rechecked everything .

• 3 weeks later...

Got it running great! My old twinmax not working correctly so ordered a new one and did the tune up

again. So thanks for most everyones input all is well.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1