Griserie de Griso...

p6x

I don't know why YouTube seems to think that I am into Moto Guzzi, but I get plenty of Guzzi related suggestions, this one included.

So far, the Griso was never on my radar, because I never quite liked the flip side of the bike, with that exhaust that looks a bit like a trombone.

This video is at times difficult to follow because of the initial wind noise (hello Audiomick!), and the long rambling. So, scrub to 14 minutes, so you can see the ride in California. The end of the video is hilarious! while he makes his conclusion, there is a UPS truck and UPS guy making a delivery that breaks his concentration.

The Guzzi Tech exhaust system that's installed on the back changed my opinion. And it is RED! I am going to add that to my loose list of things to keep an eye upon.

• Like 4

In my very biased opinion, the Red/ Black combination is a work of art....I absolutely love it.  He did a nice video of riding there...

Speaking of trombones...just a few days before I left to Cedar Vale I received a Termignoni for the Griso...will be interesting to try it out at some point here...it's in the garage awaiting install, along with a few other projects.

Let me see...The Scura is running like a top, doesn't need anything, The Griso needs the bugs scrubbed off after the trip to Kansas,  The Norge will get a fresh set of tires and tuneup prior to the trip to Oregon, the Goldwing gets a few farkles added to it...it's going to be a busy summer in the garage!

Keep posting P6X...these are great videos and if you want to try the Griso one day, let me know!

I too think the red Griso is a work of art...once you get rid of that monster muffler. I put on a Mistral can that looks perfect with the bike and sounds great. I have work to do also before John Day. The Stelvio forks are off now to put new seals in and then the swing arm comes off for lube. Then I'm ready...I think. I'm also waiting for some hot sunny days to warm up my new Coppa tires for a switch. A little nervous about doing them myself, the rims are perfect but I have done quite a few now. Heat is the key. I'm in Vegas now helping my cousin do stuff in her new house...this is the place to do tires. :luigi:  

• Like 2

21 hours ago, p6x said:

...hello Audiomick!

Hello. :)

Yes, the audio is truly abysmal. Not just the wind noise, it also just sounds really weird. :huh2:

• Like 1

22 hours ago, p6x said:

I don't know why YouTube seems to think that I am into Moto Guzzi, but I get plenty of Guzzi related suggestions, this one included.

So far, the Griso was never on my radar, because I never quite liked the flip side of the bike, with that exhaust that looks a bit like a trombone.

This video is at times difficult to follow because of the initial wind noise (hello Audiomick!), and the long rambling. So, scrub to 14 minutes, so you can see the ride in California. The end of the video is hilarious! while he makes his conclusion, there is a UPS truck and UPS guy making a delivery that breaks his concentration.

The Guzzi Tech exhaust system that's installed on the back changed my opinion. And it is RED! I am going to add that to my loose list of things to keep an eye upon.

Realy liked the part from, was it 14min to 18min.  Made me more interested in the Griso than last week, hmm :rasta:.  Great roades for having fun.

Cheers Tom.

I catch your drift Pete, but you gotta admit that stock can is a lot of metallic mumbo jumbo. Something had to be done.

• Like 1

The original can actually works well but it is very heavy. With the 8V motor pipe length is very important, a short pipe, like a wide open one, will gut the bottom end and midrange. It's a result of the head design and camming.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tomchri said:

Realy liked the part from, was it 14min to 18min.  Made me more interested in the Griso than last week, hmm :rasta:.  Great roades for having fun.

Cheers Tom.

If all he has done is change the oil and the brake pads at over 10k ...Well....probably not a good thing imo.

Lots of magnificent roads in CA, but wonder which road that is?

and as i assume audiomick would agree, sound is a wonderful attribute!  Just should be part of a whole package, when applicable :->

My Griso makes a wonderful racket when I ‘Give it the berries’! Thing is it’s wonderful for me. The intake honk and exhaust note are just fine, and I ride with earplugs in every single ride because I’m half deaf from a youth of working on noisy motorbikes because everybody knew that noise=power!

Really, pipe noise is simply a way of pissing other people off. They don’t want to hear your f*cking noisy motorbike!

Now there are some machines that sound sublime, even if un-muffled. A V11 or Honda VTR with a full set of Staintunes are a couple of examples, but even then their use should be considered. Gunning it away from the lights in a built up area is, simply, antisocial.

Any of the CARC bikes with a 2 into 1 system sound like shit anyway, the 8V’s particularly, if they are unmuffled, to the general public. Why piss people off? Especially as it will do absolutely nothing in terms of increasing performance??!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

As far as sound goes, A V11 with titaniums is the finest sounding motorbike in the world. :wub: Case closed. :oldgit:I had a serious case of seller's remorse listening to Rosie leaving the driveway. 

• Like 6

My Griso 1100 has a right side exit pipe from GuzziTech in stainless steel. It is well made, looks great, and sounds great. The stock muffler works well enough but the one I have from GuzziTech is better in every way. I get that pipes that are too loud suck. But a pipe that is louder then stock but not too loud can be a good thing.

There is a clear difference between a two into two setup like the V11 runs and a two into one setup like the Griso and other newer big bore Guzzi's use. I would not say one is better than the other (although clearly Chuck would) but I will say I prefer the more aggressive sound you get with the two into one setup. It makes more of a snarl sound versus the rumble that the two into two on the V11 makes. The same was true of my Buell X1, it had a 1200 Sportster motor but sounded nothing like a typical Sportster. The X1 ran a two into one pipe that gave it a snarl a Sportster did not have with the standard Sportster two into two setup.

Our V65 Lario has stock pipes but a slightly opened airbox. The wife's Monster has stock pipes, and it really needs aftermarket pipes. But we will probably sell it first as she doesn't ride it enough. Our baby Husqvarna 401's have stock mufflers but an aftermarket down pipe that deletes the cat. Slightly louder then stock but a little better performance. My Daytona has StainTunes. And the wife's V11 has the Guzzi / Mistral slip-ons.

• Like 1

V11 Scura stock OEM La Franconis are absolutely perfect sounding...no need to modify at all...beautiful sound and performance.

The Griso stock trombone sounds great, heavy yes, looks a little funny yes from the side, but works perfectly.  I'm curious whether the newly acquired Termignoni will sound better than stock...don't know yet...but hopefully performance is the same, maybe a nicer sound.   Will know when I get around to installing it in a couple of weeks and/or whether another map is needed...hopefully not.  Beetle map (stock exhaust) already makes the bike super smooth, no hiccups, perfect acceleration, engine breaking etc.

Norge stock muffler...blah sound and looks,  MUCH  better with an Agostini (of course accompanied by a Beetle map), I'm guessing Mistral also equivalent to Agostini.

The video I think is shot in So. Cal...Angeles crest road based on other videos on his channel, and even w/o sound, it's a good showcase for the Griso's rideability and it's AMAZING good looks!  'Nuff said!

Now back to riding!

8 hours ago, Chuck said:

As far as sound goes, A V11 with titaniums is the finest sounding motorbike in the world. :wub: Case closed. :oldgit:I had a serious case of seller's remorse listening to Rosie leaving the driveway. 

At a risk of getting thrown outta here, I would like to say a pair of Contis on Ducati bevel might be on par with that.

• Like 1