Griserie de Griso...

p6x

3 minutes ago, activpop said:

At a risk of getting thrown outta here, I would like to say a pair of Contis on Ducati bevel might be on par with that.

Yeah, we throw people outta here every day for making fun comments about the sound of lovely motorcycles . . . :drink:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Chuck said:

As far as sound goes, A V11 with titaniums is the finest sounding motorbike in the world. :wub: Case closed. :oldgit:I had a serious case of seller's remorse listening to Rosie leaving the driveway. 

Agree 💯 Chuck, I took it a step further with Mivv’s on my Rosso Mandello. They are glorious. 

10 hours ago, activpop said:

At a risk of getting thrown outta here, I would like to say a pair of Contis on Ducati bevel might be on par with that.

I had one. Close second place.:rasta:

• Like 1

From those days when I was in my teens, I remember installing expansion chambers on 49.9 cc moped. The objective was to get better engine performance, because all the two strokes competition motorcycles had them. I don't remember that "making more noise" was intended. It was a collateral. The motorcycles of the time, including the Britton ones, did not make any particular pleasing sound. Including the flat twins BMW.

That seemed to change when the CB750 came out. We all agreed that it sounded good when the four silencers were removed. The Kawasaki triples sounded great with their silencers, because a triple has that certain suave appeal to man's ears. This is when a lot of exhaust making aftermarket companies started in Europe. For example, I remember "Devil" which is not very well known against today's Akrapovic and Termignoni.

Of course, nothing could beat the Kawasaki or Honda six cylinders. Whoever had one, would automatically install some kind of "louder" sounding exhaust. I think those days were more characteristic of having your bike sing for the rest of those who were on the sidewalks. Like a little music performance for you to enjoy, no arm intended.

I think the philosophy behind a loud exhaust has changed over the years. In Europe, it was always frowned upon. It is also one of the main reason a technical control has been introduced this year in France. Because of the many complaints against motorcycles making too much noise in urban concentrations. The new generations don't care about performance, rather, they are trying to tell the rest of the crowd they don't care about civic and social norms. They want to kick the good thinking people in the groin.

My Quota has the stock exhaust, I do not intend to change anything. My Le Mans has a "Stayintune" exhaust system, the silencers were missing when I purchased it. It is noisy, even to me, on longer rides. I wear earplugs, but the growl is there. A lot of HD bikers have empty pipes on their ride. Those are really loud and not particularly appealing in the sound. I believe they have a loud signature because they need to be reckoned for who they are.

One of my neighbor had one of those cars which exhaust can be switched from muffled to loud. I think it was a Mustang GT. So it is not only the motorcyclists. There seem to be a need for loudness among us?!

Does a better sounding motorcycle inspires to ride it more? I think yes.

Don't know if it's simply the audio, or the combo of 4 valve heads and a 2-into-1, or the muffler itself but in that video the bike sounds like a fart.

I have one of the last Staintune V11 exhausts in a box in the garage. I hope it's not shyte. I also hope I never have to take it out of the box.

10 hours ago, Chuck said:

I had one. Close second place.:rasta:

My previous all time favourite was a Bevel Duc / Conti set up.

I have Mistral carbon cans on my Greenie and have always thought it sounds at least as good if not better than a Duc /Conti set up...

Especially with airbox mods and Stucchi crossover!

Tis music to my ears and so it seems to many others as well.

Cheers   

The 81 Le Mans 992ccm  +++, with no crossover ( I Know ) and BOS mufflers. Deep sound, beautiful  Passing one of my friends up in the hills, he almost fall of the bike  :rasta:

Cheers Tom.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I decided to put Red Bike up for sale today. It’s had the ‘Full Motomoda Treatment’ in case anyone’s interested in Oz.

[img]https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52767196911_28f284759f_b.jpg[/img]

Shit. Can’t post pics here from a link.:bbblll:

6 hours ago, pete roper said:

I decided to put Red Bike up for sale today. It’s had the ‘Full Motomoda Treatment’ in case anyone’s interested in Oz.

[img]https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52767196911_28f284759f_b.jpg[/img]

Shit. Can’t post pics here from a link.:bbblll:

Here ya go Pete..I believe this is your beautiful steed??

6 hours ago, pete roper said:

Screenshot 2024-06-02 at 7.45.04 AM.png

• Like 1

On 5/28/2024 at 10:11 PM, Gmc28 said:

Lots of magnificent roads in CA, but wonder which road that is?

The exit of the tunnel in the video reveals a sign for Hidden Springs Picnic Site.

image.png

• Like 1

Great riding there, I was riding on Big Tujunga about 3 weeks ago..just don't go on a Sunday..too many riders.