Griserie de Griso...

p6x

Griserie... had to look up the French to English. So this topic is "Intoxication with Griso." Fitting.

The Griso didn't catch my attention immediately. I, too, thought the exhaust was clunky, and the oil cooler was weird. And I didn't care for the silver frame and how it visually cut through the body work. But damn, they grow on ya...

And when I had the opportunity to collect Kindoy's silver and black SE with lovely mods, included a very nicely tucked in exhaust I went for it. I'm totally enjoying the bike, and it's getting the most riding time right now.

Speaking of right now - I think I hear some griso (greasy) tacos calling me from the end of a twisty road. See ya later.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

They do grow on you don't they.....

I kinda thought that if something happened with the V11 I'd go with a 1200 Sport but would seriously consider a Griso!

Mind you I do hope nothing happens to the Green one...

Cheers

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Scud said:

Griserie... had to look up the French to English. So this topic is "Intoxication with Griso." Fitting.

The Griso didn't catch my attention immediately. I, too, thought the exhaust was clunky, and the oil cooler was weird. And I didn't care for the silver frame and how it visually cut through the body work. But damn, they grow on ya...

And when I had the opportunity to collect Kindoy's silver and black SE with lovely mods, included a very nicely tucked in exhaust I went for it. I'm totally enjoying the bike, and it's getting the most riding time right now.

Speaking of right now - I think I hear some griso (greasy) tacos calling me from the end of a twisty road. See ya later.

No , what the Griso did to me was immediate , it was perfect from first sight .

• Like 1

7 hours ago, gstallons said:

No , what the Griso did to me was immediate , it was perfect from first sight .

I was into the Griso back when they showed it with the Daytona motor in it. I was first in line at our local Guzzi Dealer to get the first one they got. I was disappointed that the motor switched to the 1100 two valve motor, but not a deal breaker. The stock exhaust was a little goofy, and the 8 valve Griso had an even goofier exhaust. But I resolved that on my 1100, first with a slip on and later with a more complex set up that moved the muffler to the other side so the single sided swing arm could do what it does best. I found the Griso to be less sporty than the V11, but still very agile considering how long it is. It is a couch of a bike, but a couch that goes pretty dang fast. Perhaps the perfect GT bike.

• Like 2

I have never ridden a stock one. Mine came with upgraded wheels, suspension, exhaust, brakes, seat, etc. etc. etc. (it needs 3 etceteras to adequately indicate the level of upgrades).

The forks are pushed up about 5CM above the top triple. While still not a sport bike, it does provide a fun and sporty experience on the type of real-world back roads that I frequent. And it's all-day comfortable.

Griserie de Griso.

• Like 2