The Pyrenees

A friend took this today in the Pyrenees..Old Guzzi's never die...

Screenshot 2024-06-06 at 10.28.50 AM.png

• Like 6

My friend says it is a  a 1970 Nuovo Falcone in civilian which the current owner  bought new. ( My friend lives in Rome)

• Like 2

It is "Pyrenees".

It is the chain of mountains that separates France and Spain.

Interestingly, it is the home territory of the Basques. The frontier has done nothing to change it. The Basques speak the same language either side of the frontier, and some have even fought to get their territory back from either country.

There are some hydrocarbon wells, and I was lucky to work there for a little while.

It is beautiful and absolutely worth visiting on a motorcycle. Wilder and less beaten by tourists than the Alps.

It's actually on my list of things to do the next time I go there. I spent time in one of the village where they raise Ducks and Geese to make Foie Gras (I know that it is not politically correct since the birds are force fed).

• Like 5

Spent 10 ripping days zigzagging from Biarritz on the Atlantic across the Pyrenees to the Mediterranean on my Scura R with a couple of English mates where we discovered Carajillo after Foie Gras to power the nights. Lucky to get a few hours morning sleep in a hammock. Outstanding!

Politically correct is caving to the vagaries of over bloated offence.

Stuff ‘em

Vive la Basque!🪿

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, ScuRoo said:

Spent 10 ripping days zigzagging from Biarritz on the Atlantic across the Pyrenees to the Mediterranean on my Scura R with a couple of English mates where we discovered Carajillo after Foie Gras to power the nights. Lucky to get a few hours morning sleep in a hammock. Outstanding!

Politically correct is caving to the vagaries of over bloated offence.

Stuff ‘em

Vive la Basque!🪿

"Carajillo !" What a concept!

https://vinepair.com/cocktail-recipe/carajillo/

carajillo-card.jpg

• Like 3

"La vallée d'Aspe" is incredibly sumptuous!

You go to Oloron Saint-Marie from Pau, and then you follow the N-134 all the way through to Spain! It is completely untapped from the mass tourism. On a motorcycle, it is grandiose!

• Like 2