2000 Greenie parts

gstallons

To all members that are packrats : I need some things to get my 2000 Greenie back in shape . I need the r.h. switchgear . The starting switch decided to hang . I also need the l.h. front turn signal lens and if I can't straighten the l.h. bar I will be looking for one of those  too. I have one somewhere and CANNOT find it. Let me know , it is down for a little while .

The switch has a broken piece of plastic in it or I would be happy to . I will get the lens from MG Cycle tomorrow . Maybe the switch too ?

• Like 1

I don't see the switch at MGCycle (GU01738800)

Seems that switch was also used on various Ducati (Monster?) and others back in the day?

• Like 2

gees, i hope my starter switch can be rewired and fixed.

nevermind. just bought it.  If I don't need it.  will let you know

9 hours ago, LowRyter said:

Sure , keep me posted ! 

Now , there is a plastic cover in the switch that is broken and occasionally hangs . Result ; not good . 

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, LowRyter said:

What are you going to do w/your old switch ?

I probably have a starter switch and turn signal lens. But I'll need to dig a bit to confirm.

As for the bar - I had success straightening mine in a vise using wood blocks to apply the pressure where needed. You could also drop by a machine shop and they'd probably straighten it out for $20.

I might have a handle bar, but what you just experienced is the reason I was holding on to it. Let me know if you can't straighten yours out.

2 hours ago, gstallons said:

What are you going to do w/your old switch ?

I think it might be burned up.  Otherwise, I won't need it

1 hour ago, Scud said:

I probably have a starter switch and turn signal lens. But I'll need to dig a bit to confirm.

As for the bar - I had success straightening mine in a vise using wood blocks to apply the pressure where needed. You could also drop by a machine shop and they'd probably straighten it out for $20.

I might have a handle bar, but what you just experienced is the reason I was holding on to it. Let me know if you can't straighten yours out.

I have a hydraulic press and I can straighten it out .

• Like 1