2003 V11 Sport Naked - SE MI

After 21 years with my V11 Sport it's time to move on. I lack the time, space, and dedication to maintain it and I'm wanting something lighter for my occasional backroad rides.

The good: one adult owner, most of the usual V11 tweaks/fixes/upgrades and regular maintenance have been performed, strong low-mileage engine (about 21,500 mi) runs well, nearly roadworthy, and it's got the looks and feel of that raunchy girl from high school. Sale will include a good number of new and used spares and consumables. 

The bad: cosmetically rough, non-functional speedo/odometer, and it's got a clutch (or clutch actuation?) issue that I don't understand. It's initially ridable when cold, but begins misbehaving in an erratic/intermittent way as it warms up. The clutch slave was recently dealer serviced to no avail, so I'm opting out. I think that there's a good opportunity here for someone who wants a potentially easy project or near complete parts bike.  $1200 OBO; local pickup only.

PM if interested.

20240607_195003.jpg

20240607_195122.jpg

20240607_195016.jpg

• Like 6

• 1 month later...

Your "the looks and feel of that raunchy girl from high school." had me musing on the memories for longer than an old guy should.  :oldgit:

And, your nice new one seems more like the popular cheerleader.  :D

Anyway, good luck with the sale; still miss my Ballabio.

Bill

Edited by Bill Hagan
  • Like 4

Hah!  I just lectured a 20-something today about the value of learning to enjoy fantasy without feeling the need to implement. Or regret not implementing. I say muse away - you've earned it! Silly old me has been fantasizing about doing track days :rolleyes:

At this point, I need one reliable and low-maintenance but not completely boring bike for curvy backroads. Peppy cheerleader sounds about right. Not as visceral or exciting as the V11, but still helps to clear my head and get my yah-yahs out.  

Thanks.

• Haha 4

• 3 weeks later...

SOLD!  Happy to see this old girl go to a good home and appreciative new owner Kevin, who has some interesting plans for evolving his stable of Guzzis.

Kudos to Jaap for keeping this community going, and all of you talented people of seemingly infinite patience for keeping these magnificent machines alive.

--Andy 

• Like 4

Just want to say thank you Andy this bike and the price was nothing short of generous.

• Like 4