Beeline Moto II

3 hours ago, p6x said:

oh! shocking.... I would have never thought the German people would transgress the law.

In France... they modified the law to prevent people to simply connect their phones to earbuds via Bluetooth. ...

That's interesting. As far as I know, earplugs are still ok here. Actually, I'd be happy to see a complete prohibition of using a phone in any way whilst operating any kind of vehicle, including bicycles and electric scooters (not vespas, the ones you kick along with one foot). Using the phone always distracts one from driving a bit. I can't see that kind of prohibition happening, though. Unfortunately. :(

As far as Germans and obeying the law goes, yes they are generally very law abiding. Except if they don't think the law is justified and/or sensible, or if they think they will probably get away with it. :whistle:

37 minutes ago, audiomick said:

That's interesting. As far as I know, earplugs are still ok here. Actually, I'd be happy to see a complete prohibition of using a phone in any way whilst operating any kind of vehicle, including bicycles and electric scooters (not vespas, the ones you kick along with one foot). Using the phone always distracts one from driving a bit. I can't see that kind of prohibition happening, though. Unfortunately. :(

As far as Germans and obeying the law goes, yes they are generally very law abiding. Except if they don't think the law is justified and/or sensible, or if they think they will probably get away with it. :whistle:

Earplugs have their own safety issues. I know they don't completely isolate you from the environment, but if you listen to music while driving, then it probably has some effect on your focus level.

My customized Bluetooth earbuds are not perfectly filtering off the wind noise; anyhow, I don't listen to music when I ride.

18 minutes ago, p6x said:

...if you listen to music while driving, then it probably has some effect on your focus level.

Not probably, in my opinion, definitely. And there is a difference between listening to something on the car's audio system and having earplugs in. Listening to something on earplugs isolates you almost completely from your environment. You're in your own world, and seeing everything "through a window". I don't, and never will, listen to music whilst riding a motorcycle either. I use the earplugs to cut down the wind noise, but that is all. I want to experience what is going on around me. :)