V11 titanium exhausts

MojoFuzzi

Hi Gents,

I managed to get my hands on a set of titanium exhausts (same as attached picture) but they didn’t come with the footrests(mounting brackets) 

I remember reading somewhere that the original footrests can be used by swapping them over to the other side. But can’t seem to find that info anymore. 

Can anyone confirm this? 
I haven’t tried it yet due to being away for work. 
if that doesn’t  work I might need to make some myself, which is also  not a problem.

Thanks

Mojo Fuzzi. 

IMG_2576.jpeg

27 minutes ago, MojoFuzzi said:

Hi Gents,

I managed to get my hands on a set of titanium exhausts (same as attached picture) but they didn’t come with the footrests(mounting brackets) 

I remember reading somewhere that the original footrests can be used by swapping them over to the other side. But can’t seem to find that info anymore. 

Can anyone confirm this? 
I haven’t tried it yet due to being away for work. 
if that doesn’t  work I might need to make some myself, which is also  not a problem.

Thanks

Mojo Fuzzi. 

IMG_2576.jpeg

If they are high mount then the std pax pegs wont work.

Phil

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lucky Phil said:

If they are high mount then the std pax pegs wont work.

Phil

Yes they are the high mount type. 
Thanks for your reply, guess I’ll make some myself 👍🏻

I believe that Daytona pillion footrest hangers are used with the TI kit. I also believe that you can mount the TI kit using the std hangers if you want the lower slung look. 

I hope that you know that those cans are really easy to dent, so look after them. 

Wait, what's that in the plastic bag?

• Like 2

Yes. they used the hangers from the 94-99 1100 Sport, with an extra flat bracket used to get the correct angle. I can give more detail when I get back home this evening. I had a set of those and they were the same as came with the Ti kit.

image.jpeg

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, footgoose said:

Yes. they used the hangers from the 94-99 1100 Sport, with an extra flat bracket used to get the correct angle. I can give more detail when I get back home this evening. I had a set of those and they were the same as came with the Ti kit.

image.jpeg

Thanks, all info will help. 
much appreciated 👍🏻

5 hours ago, MartyNZ said:

That looks like the high hangers and hardware, which are optional.

You can mount that exhaust with the stock hangers/passenger pegs, which is useful if you want to have an adult passenger or mount saddlebags. If you don't care about either of those things, and you prefer the look of the high-mounted cans, then use those brackets and move your footpegs over to them. 

At the moment, my Scura has these cans mounted high, and my Nero Corsa has the same cans mounted low, as I only have the hangers, not the V11 adapters.

I'd actually like a set of those adapters if anyone has a pair in their secret stash... or at some point I'll have a set fabricated.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MartyNZ said:

I believe that Daytona pillion footrest hangers are used with the TI kit. I also believe that you can mount the TI kit using the std hangers if you want the lower slung look. 

I hope that you know that those cans are really easy to dent, so look after them. 

The picture is taken from the www.

pencil outline of adapter and how it sits when combined

ti3.jpg

ti2.jpg

left hole to right top hole is 70mm, or same as mount bracket welded to the frame

left hole to right bottom hole is 60mm or the same as the high mount bracket

right bottom hole to right top hole is 23mm, which gives the desired angle.

adapter is 6mm flat steel. the cool cutaway at the bottom is for looks and not needed.

• Like 2

how it looks (without adapter) overlaid on a stock 2003 hanger for comparison

let me know if I have forgotten anything.

measurements are not 'machinist' accurate, but it'll get you there:rolleyes:

ti4.jpg

• Like 3

Many exited ways to Rome.
Cheers Tom. 2138d7e61f2d04e997fee8d3728c4876.jpg44a2930333c798aab84d22ea304c2225.jpg2081d7ae6faabfe8c2d31d5090f9acfe.jpg4527e6393201ef16caa8a603ff02eaa3.jpg87ff610b268ef0bd4365e113ce3469fd.jpg1abbe341979a93171e4e8de31c592175.jpg

Sent fra min SM-S906B via Tapatalk

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1