Stelvio swing arm bearings

activpop

Ok, the dry as a bone was a little exaggerated, but there was no grease to be found. They looked lightly oiled at best, which to me is dry. The should be lathered in grease. The races seemed fine as the bike has less than 6k miles on it. The needle bearings on the three point shock connection were void of any grease also so they got smeared too. Next is the Griso. About the same mileage, so hopefully no damage.

While you’ve got the arse end out of it are you going to Loctite the pinion nut on the bevelbox as well? I’d advise it and it’s easy to do without disassembly. Use ‘Super Wick-in’ and just a couple of drops run down a thin screwdriver or even a satay stick onto the threads. It can save a lot of heartache.

• Like 2

Nope, didnt know about that until now. All back together now. But I did lube all 4 needle bearings on the rear shock to swing arm connections. They were not shiny at all from lube. Glad I did this. I feel so much better when everything is lubed right. Six dry bearings all packed with grease now. 

• Like 1