Moto Guzzi's Power Plant new assembly shed is growing.... fast!

According to "La Provincia Unica", click the link to you can see the current state of the construction. Moto Guzzi will soon have more space to put together their V7, V9, V100 engines.

As the media says, the engine assembly line always was the one sacrificed for space at the current plant. So much that the V85TT is currently assembled at Aprilia's.

With the new space, better synergies will be achieved and time to complete assembly will improve.

Should we understand that Guzzi bikes are now in high demand? so much that the current line can't cope?

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Admin Jaap said:

We better watch out... Guzzi will be a mainstream brand

It's good that Piaggio invests in Guzzi. I am also happy that we don't hear anymore about the new mid-size Guzzi equipped with the new Aprilia parallel twin. But it may still be in the works. We will know at EICMA 2024.

A new V500 would be nice...

• Like 2
Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, guzzler said:

What about a new LeMans/Sport with the new platform??

I'm seriously expecting that something will turn up, but that it wont be a serious modern sports bike. That's Aprilia's department.

I reckon sooner or later we will see something in the "retro sport" direction. Like that "Paul Smart" Ducati a while back, or the Triumph Thruxton.

Edited by audiomick
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, audiomick said:

I'm seriously expecting that something will turn up, but that it wont be a serious modern sports bike. That's Aprilia's department.

I reckon sooner or later we will see something in the "retro sport" direction. Like that "Paul Smart" Ducati a while back.

Yes, Piaggo made this (paraphrased) declaration early on :

Aprilia = racing

Moto Guzzi = travel

Vespa = lifestyle

Piaggio = urban/commute

I, for one, was relieved, and am good with that. Hopefully, some sort of "Sport" / "LeMans" will still be in the offing. I mean, how could the marketing department resist?

• Like 2
1 hour ago, docc said:

:nopic:

I haven't been able to figure out how to take images of the future yet docc. I'm still busy figuring out how to take images of events that didn't occur:P

Phil

• Haha 3

May be, from a magazine here.
Cheers Tom. 7d39009c95edfb3ac12ea005842dac48.jpg

Sent fra min SM-S906B via Tapatalk

I hope they do bring out a LeMans/Sport variant..

It doesn't have to be another irrelevant 200 horsepower 180kg waste of time that can only be used on a track. 

With the resurgence of the sport bike in a smaller more manageable variant, there's gotta be some buyers willing to buy a sporty Guzzi with a personality rather than the anodyne offerings from the usual suspects...? 

• Like 3