California 1400 parts?

I don’t even know if there is a dedicated Cali 1400 forum or club so I can’t advertise there so here will have to do. If any Oz. Members know of anyone with a Cali 14 please point them my way.

When we built Beetle’s 1400 single spark Griso motor I bought a Cali 14 wreck to use as the starting point. I still have a grab-bag of parts left for it none of which am I ever likely to use and can’t be bothered to sell and list individually but they include a petrol tank, (With fuel pump.) side covers, swingarm, headlight, various other lights including at least one of the LED tail lights, a rear wheel with disc and tone-wheel, footboards, various parts of the exhaust system and who knows what other old munt. It’s just clogging up my garage which is already stuffed with Grisos and Aprilia Manas and I want it gone. Come and take it all away and leave me a case of Bent Spoke Crankshaft or it goes to the tip!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

.. and a tank with a dent I got to replace it
vanished after landlords contractor moved my
belongings to storage so to renovate .. 
then stopped paying on storage unit
after 2 weeks & didn't tell anyone .. 

everything went to Auction Dec.5th 

.. " . it's always something .. " ~roseannRoseannadana

• Haha 1

Sorry, never saw the replies to this.

End of the story is that a bloke from Victoria turned up, with a case of ‘Crankshaft’ and took it all away. He wasn’t the first to ask though. There was a very typical ‘Guzzi Guy’ from NSW who called first. Wanted me to send him an itemised list of what I had, preferably with part numbers! How about ‘No’! I said if he wanted he could look at it and decide. Then the whining started about how I lived so far away, (I was about 170km from him.) and then the ‘Icing on the cake’? ‘Crankshaft was ‘Too Expensive’ and would I take a case of Tooheys, (A shitty mass produced commercial swill I only drink under duress!).

At that point I cordially invited him to get a colossal, wooly, black pup up himself and told him I’d be taking it to the tip the next day and if he didn’t like it he could go swivel on something sharp! He told me I was rude and unreasonable and he’d make sure *Everybody* heard about it!

“Behold the field in which I grow my f*cks! Cast thine eyes upon it and see that it is barren!”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Hmmm. I thought those personalities only existed in The USA . 

AFA the personality "CRANKSHAFT" . a friend of mine was on the selling side of the counter and a customer was telling him "I'm gonna tell everyone about you" to which Mike immediately came back with " Fine , anyone stupid enough that would listen to you , I don't want their business" . 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, gstallons said:

Hmmm. I thought those personalities only existed in The USA .

There's plenty of them here in Germany, too. B)

• Like 1

buying: When I go look at something , if it looks good I buy it . 

selling:  I have had some buyers want  bunch of pics and then pick it apart pointing out flaws . They didn't mention wanting "still in the box condition" unmolested stuff. Now that I am older , my diplomacy is in short supply. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, gstallons said:

Now that I am older , my diplomacy is in short supply. 

Yeah, I know what you mean. Not just regarding buying and selling. Any kind of senseless discussion. B)