Dr. John Wittner estate auction

I feel like I should bring home either an odd or an end, out of reverence . . .

@docc you could, I just find it sad. Someone's life defined by his former possessions, dilapidated to the wind....

This is all that remains when we go? putting cherished treasures to better pastures?

1 minute ago, p6x said:

@docc you could, I just find it sad. Someone's life defined by his former possessions, dilapidated to the wind....

This is all that remains when we go? putting cherished treasures to better pastures?

Sad, indeed. I feel such a respect for Dr. John (as many of us do).

While he never engaged with our community, I yet offer my respect.

• Like 4

The original SpineFrame sold for $22000 (plus buyer's premium). I am secretly hoping it appears at Barber Motorsports Museum, but if you want to bring it to the South'n SpineRaid, it would be most welcome (whoever you are) . . .

https://briggsauction.bidwrangler.com/ui/auctions/122350/16254138

eyJidWNrZXQiOiJid3BhcGVyY2xpcC1wcm9kdWN0

The original LeMans endurance racer (#93) sold for a paltry $11,500. Another bike I would love to see . . .

https://briggsauction.bidwrangler.com/ui/auctions/122350/16254164

eyJidWNrZXQiOiJid3BhcGVyY2xpcC1wcm9kdWN0

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...

When my won items arrive, I will start a new thread about them.

And: no, I did not win the bid on either of those motorcycles.

Oooh, but who did . . . . :mg:

On 7/8/2024 at 6:41 PM, p6x said:

All we ever leave behind, no matter how revered or unknown we are, is the example of the life we have lead and the good that instills in others that follow..

• Like 3
11 hours ago, DucatiGuzziIndian said:

All we ever leave behind, no matter how revered or unknown we are, is the example of the life we have lead and the good that instills in others that follow..

They say that it only takes three generations to completely forget about our ancestors.

My son, 28 years old, never met his grandparents on either side. Back then, photographs were not frequent. Not that he would be interested anyway.

I have a feeling that newer generations are less prone to leave good than their elders. It is just my opinion, I am obsolete of course. I was reminded that old people always think the world was better before.