Growing wrath against mass tourism incites rejection reactions; do you relate to it?

9 hours ago, Guzzi-in-Vancouver said:

@GuzziMoto there’s a ski resort in MD‽

It is in PA, I can see it from where I live in MD. Where I am in MD I can see WV and PA, my part of MD is probably less then 10 miles wide. Just west of me MD gets even skinnier, only a couple miles wide.

On 10/9/2024 at 9:18 AM, audiomick said:

Have a good trip, mate. Are you going to Adelaide? Have a good time there, if you do. It's a lovely village. B)

G'day Mick

Just back on Wed.

No, we avoided the city of churches but skirted round it...Mannum, Hahndorf, Goolwa and Victor Harbour then Portland on the way back managing to get home before the statewide storms! We missed the 25mm of rain in 10 minutes and cricket ball sized hail in Casterton by a day but it's now just hitting Melbourne and heading for us in Gippsland. I wish I was able to post the TV news footage from Casterton but beyond my abilities I'm afraid.

Anyways we had a great time over there. Only Hahndorf and Victor Harbour were crowded but this is due to small streets limited parking and most of Adelaide flocks to these places on weekends when the weathers good. Absolutely nothing like the congestion of Europe and Nth America though! I remember when I first left NZ back in 1980 and feeling claustrophobia for the first time of my life in the small, overcrowded streets of London! And that was then so hate to think what it's like now...!

Gotta love the wide- open spaces and small populations down under eh!

Now, I have a week left before returning to the grindstone...bugger they go quick don't they.

Cheers 

• Like 2
23 minutes ago, guzzler said:

... hail in Casterton...

Try this

or this

That looks prerry serious.

Glad you had a good time in South Australia though, and yes, holidays end far too fast. B)