Can you spot the differences between those two shorts?

About the only thing they have in common is drill pipe .  I've seen it done and these boys stay hooked up !

What am I supposed to see ?

1 hour ago, gstallons said:

What am I supposed to see ?

The boys work without PPE.

They use a chain to screw the DP which is known to have claimed so many fingers.

The ladies are doing it by the book. I have to admit, this is my first time seeing ladies floorman. When I was working in Aberdeen, I came across a few Scottish girl roustabouts, but they weren't really doing anything physical.

No hardhats : obvious. 

Less clothing : it is daylight and probably 30 degrees warmer ! 

The chain : you work with what you're given . These two methods are completely different . Also , you get good or get hurt . 

That is a hard a$$ job and I don't envy those people . You don't have time to sneeze , it requires professional workmanship and communication to make it through the day .

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Lucky Phil said:

Ha I needed to go back and re watch the second one to realise they were females.

Phil

Chick roughnecks! :o :thumbsup:

• Like 1
On 7/16/2024 at 1:20 AM, Lucky Phil said:

Ha I needed to go back and re watch the second one to realise they were females.

I saw that immediately.

My line of work is no where near as hard as running a drill rig, but I saw that which I see in my own line of work. When women are involved, the work is often a little more elegant, and a little less involved with "I'm a real bloke who just gets things done without all the bullshit" whereby "bullshit" is making sure that no-one loses their fingers in the process. :huh2: